Joey McLoughlin’s Ex ANC Halfords Team Bike

Bugger the purists, that bike will now be around in another 30 years rather than on the scrap heap in 10.

Cracking job!

Couldn’t wait until the weekend so sacrificed last nights training to put the ANC bike together, didn’t take too long as much easier to set up the old Campag kit.

Turbo saddle still being restored but should be back in a few weeks which gives me time to find a new seat post. The bike had a Chorus (same as Adrian Timmis TDF bike) which was destroyed when getting it out 26.6 is not as common as other sizes but choice is do I source a correct Chorus from the era or go for C Record, which other team bikes had fitted?

Another issue is the bar tape, the bike came with the original Benotto which was a dark yellow (same colour as they used on the ’87 TDF bikes), it’s a very hard colour to get your hands on, so do I pay a crazy price for the right colour or go for the orange, which ANC also used on there bikes?

More photo’s in the link below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aln1974/8967515223/

I'd go with yellow, gorgeous bike and you were right to go with the full restoration, 753 tubing is so thin, better to protect it than take your chances with rust. ;)

Pat

Restored saddle is back and looking fantastic well worth the money to do it. Now have to either sell my soul or the wife’s car for a seat post at a crazy price of a certain auction site, looks as if the wife’s on the bus! Also have been sent a picture of Joey in action on what we think is my bike, plus a photo of a team saddle in1987 so you can see how good the restoration is.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aln1974/9149649931/

After much debate and lots and lots of searching worldwide I have bought some Benotto bar tape in the original dark yellow, means I cant eat for a week but the consensus said keep it original

NOS C Record seatpost bought today at a very reasonable price so wont have to sell my soul, can now get the build finished at last.

The bike restoration is coming to its conclusion, this week the seat post arrived, and although I couldn’t find a Campag Victory to match what was originally on the bike I think the C Record looks great. Turbo saddle turned out better than I could have ever thought and really gives the finishing touch.

After buying various NOS Benotto tape I can’t get the right colour so luckily thanks to a member on here I’ve ordered some that seems to be as close as I can get. If anyone wants some Benotto in Yellows or Oranges give me a shout. Once the tape arrives this week I can get the cables on.

Also Adrian Timmis messaged me to say that his bike was a stock Peugeot and he rode it all year, as mine has the same frame numbers, and spec I have to assume mine had a similar life. Really appreciate Adrian’s help its great that one of my cycling hero’s is happy to help. Also got a photo of Joey on what could be my bike?

Latest photos in the link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aln1974/92 ... otostream/

Fantastic! I still ride and race my 753 Perthus, much to everyone else's incredulity. But as your picture shows, old Peugeots have won far more races than all these fashionable 'Cubes', 'Giants' and 'Specialized's !! Very jealous of your restoration, that is superb. I'm tempted now to do the same seeing the results you've achieved. Excellent job. What we need to do now is organise a retro Peugeot ride!

Sadly I couldn’t join a reto Peugeot ride as two issues firstly I’m 6 feet tall, secondly my size 10 feet. Joey was small and so where his feet, frame is approximately 54, and toe clips are small, so the best I could do would be so sit on the bike.

Back