Not So Retro Early 2000's Merlin Extralight

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Did a sportive on it yesterday which was truly awesome. I expected it to be a lot rougher riding than my Airborne as the Fizik CX has less padding and I am only running 23s vs 28s on my Airborne, but I would dare say this was smoother!

I think I really am addicted to Ti....

This is yummy! I love it!

Probably not the exact same of set ups, but my 89 Merlin Roadbike has the same concept as yours!

Thanks for the comments guys! Had another awesome ride on Wednesday, its so easy to put the miles in on this, but its going to have to stay indoors as a treat for best days I think....

The pedals are already the lightest Shimano SPD compatible pedals they do I think. I hate SPDr or look style cleats and pedals so they are here to stay for the moment. There are a couple of other options in the shape of Titanium double sided SPD pedals from the far east, or the Ritchey micro pedals which weigh about 80g less.

Wheels are currently comparable to a Ksyrium Equipe, they are pretty much as new so here to stay for this season at least. But I would love some Zipp 202s or something with a shallow carbon profile and aluminium brake surface. The hills and potholes locally to me are just not a clever idea with an expensive full carbon with tubular set up (as much as I would love to run full carbon with tubs)
I think my perfect wheelset would be a 28 hole Open Pro Ceramics (which I don't think you can get) Black Sapim X Ray Spokes with a front Radial lace, on to Chris King, American Classic or Tune hubs. But the Achilles heel is finding the right rims....

Anyway, couple more finishing touches....

Controltech Carbon Ti Skewers by outHOUSEpics, on Flickr

Controltech Bottle Cage by outHOUSEpics, on Flickr

Wow - gorgeous, one came up in my size on ebay 2 years ago, I was outbid and everytime I see one now I think - aaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggghhh

Back