I'm impressed with myself

As a point of reference, when getting into shape to play Wolverine, Hugh Jackman eats 5000 calories a day between 10AM and 6pm; whilst following a punishing regime in the gym...

...if I ate 5000 calories a day with my sedentary lifestyle I would die a blubbery mess!

I know who I'd rather look like given the choice... :oops:

There are so many beneficial effects to exercising, up to a point, that it makes sense as the central approach to getting fitter, which should not necessarily be too focussed on weight loss.

It is just a happy side effect.

We_are_Stevo":245r9j5f said:
As a point of reference, when getting into shape to play Wolverine, Hugh Jackman eats 5000 calories a day between 10AM and 6pm; whilst following a punishing regime in the gym...

...if I ate 5000 calories a day with my sedentary lifestyle I would die a blubbery mess!

I know who I'd rather look like given the choice... :oops:

Wonder what sort of help he had...

In terms of impressive life imitating art, though, Christian Bale and what he put himself through for The Machinist looked pretty damned determined. Considering before that how he appeared in American Psycho, and after that in Batman Begins.

The History Man":1a7ep3zv said:
De Niro in raging bull?

Yes - fair comment - he put on weight, though, didn't he? Which in fairness, is considerably easier than what Bale did for the Machinist.

Hanks probably worked hard for Cast Away, too - given he didn't look to have ballooned too much for the early scenes.

Orson closely followed by Brando, who misread the script for Apocalypse Now, thinking he was to play a mountain of a man rather than a man in the mountains.

Back