Olympic Gold, US Open, Wimbledon and now the US Open Again!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Spoiler It Turned Out Nice Again!

Yorkshire did very well at the Olympics, but much as with British sports such as tennis, that are not particularly delineated along boundaries, it is much more about the British cumulative effort.

Tennis is a man on man, woman on woman, woman and man on woman on man, man and man on man and man and woman and woman on woman on woman sport.

But all of them rely on the various associations, clubs and authorities that combine to ensure tennis has kept a world profile in Britain in the years we had no champions.

Wimbledon could easily have lost its place at the pinnacle of the sport.

Sir Andy Murray could not have achieved this without all the people involved with the sport in the UK.

Sir Andy Murray could not have achieved this without all the people involved with the sport in the UK.

Thats got a nice ring to it :D

Andy Murray is only classed as a Scotsman by the media if he looses. but thats the same for any sport non English people are good at

Only soured by the fat twat Salmond embarrassingly pulling out his wee flag to make a petty political point. Cameraman soon saw to that. Tosser.

Otherwise a stellar performance and well deserved 2nd grand slam.

1044189_10151520266521966_1677604239_n.jpg

77 years since an Englishman last won at Wimbledon...

technodup":75f20xwm said:
Only soured by the fat twat Salmond embarrassingly pulling out his wee flag to make a petty political point.

I'll take you Salmond and raise you Cameron in his inappropriate shades - was Andrew Castle's "he's a handy leftie" some satirical point or sychophancy? I'm guessing the latter.

technodup":34eplozf said:
Only soured by the fat twat Salmond embarrassingly pulling out his wee flag to make a petty political point. Cameraman soon saw to that. Tosser.

Not really sure what flag you would expect Salmond to wave, given his political stance. That is hardly petty. He was celebrating Andy winning, one of many opting for a saltire. Each to their own.

Cameron looked like a stockbroker cheering at an Eric Clapton concert.

Did his wife really let him wear those shades?

ededwards":2nsoqfdp said:
technodup":2nsoqfdp said:
77 years since an Englishman last won at Wimbledon...

:facepalm:
The dots are the clue. See my previous post.

I would do the double facepalm thing but I'm not a twat.

highlandsflyer":2nsoqfdp said:
Not really sure what flag you would expect Salmond to wave, given his political stance.
None? Was there really any need? Would clapping not be sufficient and have the bonus of not showing him up to be a parochial wee bawbag (any more than normal)?

Back