Olympic Gold, US Open, Wimbledon and now the US Open Again!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Spoiler It Turned Out Nice Again!

Finally got to open the 'Belgian Champagne' I've had on ice for the last few years!

Straight sets but far from straightforward - superb quality and don't think I've seen so many breaks of serve at this level for ages.

Absolutely superb and thoroughly deserved.

Re:

KeepItSteel":7sjgvwiq said:
GT-Steve":7sjgvwiq said:
His day will come

he's had his chance, he won't be winning a GS now. In fact I dont think he'll be #4 for long, Tsonga is playing better and looking much more upbeat

Get. It. Right. Up. Ye.

Blimey, straight sets i didn't see that coming!!! :cool:
So, i think he's the first british mens champ for 77 years?, but how long is it since a scotsman last won it??? Over to you Mr Highlandsflyer :LOL: :LOL:

ededwards":gpv80y4k said:
Finally got to open the 'Belgian Champagne' I've had on ice for the last few years!

Straight sets but far from straightforward - superb quality and don't think I've seen so many breaks of serve at this level for ages.

Absolutely superb and thoroughly deserved.

I don't think he had the legs left for another set.

I had worried about an anti climax after the semis, but this was a tenacious display by both of them.

Incredible number of breaks indeed. If I could identify one thing in Murray's game that is evolving it is his level of aggression. Bodes well for the next year or two, but I still won't get carried away.

Let's hope this has the same effect on British tennis that Nadal's success had on Spanish.

Congratulations everyone who has been waiting for a British champ!

I am just glad we don't have to contend with all the naysayers who would have banged on about Wimbledon for the rest of Murray's career if he didn't win it!

Stuff Murray Mound, how about Murray Court?

Grannygrinder":297efds4 said:
So, i think he's the first british mens champ for 77 years?, but how long is it since a scotsman last won it??? Over to you Mr Highlandsflyer :LOL: :LOL:

Murray plays Davis Cup for Britain, won the Olympic Gold for Britain.

How long since a Scotsman last won it? Not even an hour!

Unfortunately Scottish hearts will break tomorrow when the World's media report - Englishman Andy Murray wins Wimbledon. :LOL:

I am sure the thousands of kids who will be inspired to get out and try the game won't care which part of Britain he comes from, they will just see a bloke who went out gladiator style and took it to his opponent.

The headlines will indeed be interesting!

:D Vintage heroic tennis to rival the Connors/McEnroe/Borg era...

...and a truly gracious runner-up in Djokovic :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Absolutely, Djoko is the consummate professional. It would be interesting to have a Murray/Djoko exhibition match with trousers and wooden racquets! :)

highlandsflyer":uj5a810o said:
Grannygrinder":uj5a810o said:

Murray plays Davis Cup for Britain, won the Olympic Gold for Britain.

How long since a Scotsman last won it? Not even an hour!
realy happy for murray;and britain;
but you scots should take time to enjoy if it were a yorshire man
that endured what andys been put through by the media;i know i would
take satisfaction;feel very proud of him :cool:

Back