STX-RC

Love it, running it in 3 bikes, wife's Muddy Fox Alu Comp, one of my X1's and Proflex 856, very underrated groupset. I've ran XT739 on my C16R and STX-RC and to be honest could not tell much between them on the whole. STX-RC looks bling when polished and is relatively cheap and easy to come by. I'm collected the STX Special Edition groupset right now with Chromica finish.

:D

Ahhh stx-rc, shimanos ginger step kid. Over looked and undervalued. Pretty much the same crank arms as lx/xt but with fully replaceable rings no silly rivited on top ring. Rear mech lighter than lx and the shifters whilstt not a pretty as xt/lx work every bit aswell. Dont let the snobs put you off it, its good stuff.

I like STX and RC. Usually quite pretty kit, perfectly functional, and not too pricy. A workmanlike middle ground with an extra dollop of styling.

Good stuff. I would say the brake levers and the v-brake version taking the non-threaded brake shoes are the minus points.

thanks for the replies chaps. I remember running it on a bike back in the mid 90's and thinking it worked pretty well, don't think i had the V's and levers though.

Back