1993 Merlin **FINISHED Pg.8**

ez054098

Senior Retro Guru
I finally got one. It isn't in as good of shape as I had wanted, but it will do. I need to replace most of the decals.
I also need some advice on cleaning the frame and removing some of the scratches. If that is possible. Any advice is welcome.

Attachments

• Merlin.jpg
    Merlin.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 3,601
  • photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 3,227
Re: 1993 Merlin

I need help getting rid of blemishes like this one.

Also, I thought the seat post was 27.2, but my 27.2 posts don't really fit. My 27.0 seems to fit.
Also, I assume the front derailleur clamp size is 34.9 since 31.8 is too small.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 3,565
Re: 1993 Merlin - Help Needed

Just go easy with the pads till you feel you have more confidence. The pads aren't as aggressive as say sandpaper or a metal file. It won't take much metal off. Use the heavy duty to get the scratches out, then go over with the blue to buff the finish in the area to match the rest of the frame.

As for decals, I think VeloCal has accurate/quality reproductions.

RockiMtn":1xb3v6gp said:
Just go easy with the pads till you feel you have more confidence. The pads aren't as aggressive as say sandpaper or a metal file. It won't take much metal off. Use the heavy duty to get the scratches out, then go over with the blue to buff the finish in the area to match the rest of the frame.

As for decals, I think VeloCal has accurate/quality reproductions.

Thanks. I just ordered the decals tonight.

ez054098":3grild5r said:
I also need some advice on cleaning the frame and removing some of the scratches. If that is possible. Any advice is welcome.
for very rough places take a 400 abrasive fleece (titan is very hard and without electric grinders I would not do that to)

And then grind hours or maybe days ...grind grind grind :LOL: and finally with a 1000 fleece (remember always in one direction).

6acc49d8844746a1789ea6ed48dff43f.jpg

The issue with seatpost I had also with my Merlin, 27.2 did not fit :?

'm looking forward to your build ;)

Nader":2tf8rg5m said:
The issue with seatpost I had also with my Merlin, 27.2 did not fit :?

I'm looking forward to your build ;)

So what did you do about your seat post situation?

Back