what to do with all the old parts that dont get used

Throw it up here for Karma + postage, and whatever isn't taken, send off to halfrauds.

I've nothing against the scheme, I'm all for it, but you never know what people have been searching for!

I have done lots of times and no interest, its not the sort of stuff people here want, old steel bars, plastic pedals BSO parts that's not worth the post TBH, would be nice to know it being used in Africa rather than filling land fill.
Ive kept anything that might be of some use here, but over the years ive collected a stupid amount of stuff :oops:

"Re~Cycle is a charity that sends unwanted bikes to those in need in Africa. Since 1997 Re~Cycle has sent over 45,000 bikes to Africa, as well as parts and tools. You can read more about Re~Cycle at www.re-cycle.org"

I guess ill have to check with Halfords

Don't forget also, your local tip should have a metal recycling skip. I like the thought that my old chains and tools etc end up getting melted down and made into something else rather than going into landfill :).

Why not see if there is a local 'bike project' close to you, they can usually use all the parts they can get, to refurbish old / donated bikes that then get used in the local community.

Back