guybe's 1996 Kona Cindercone

Thank you for your comments, I am pleased with it. I had the frame powder coated by www.abcenamelling.co.uk and chose 'turquoise blue' as I wanted a different colour away from the orginal Kona colours which it looked lovely to me.

I bought the cranks second hand, I didnt have much luck to get it shiny after using various polish but a kind chap here offered to take it to his workplace to be dip in caustic acid and then use it on the buffer machine, when I got it back, I put Autosol first and Brasso afterward, it came out like new and shiny.

Looks excellent, Guy.
The results are well worth all the effort you put into it.
Great colour, too.

Cannondale next? :LOL:

Hi,

I think you've done an amazing job on the bike but to my eye that front fork looks a bit too long, there appears to be alot of fresh air between the tyre and fork crown. I await to be shot down in flames ;) by all the kona experts on here.

cheers

Hi g_rick

I know what you mean, these are the correct forks for the year of this bike, the early P2's up to the end of 1992 (I think) had a smaller gap there, from 1993 onwards, Kona made the P2's longer, but I have put smaller tyres on the bike 26 x 1.5 which make the gap look bigger but it looked fine to me. :)

Back