We are a family again

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
For a while we have not been able to eat meals together at a table, as all the dining chairs had broken, at first we put a plank of wood b/w chairs but then those chairs broke and we have not eaten properly since before Xmas but now we have picked up today a table and 6 chairs, we are going to be a proper family again :D so pleased.

Do you think it's important to have diners together?

Alison

I just do not understand parents who cook their kids what they want, when they want, then allow them to eat it where they want??

One meal, one time, bloody starve if you want! :x

We_are_Stevo":2va2e2rd said:
I just do not understand parents who cook their kids what they want, when they want, then allow them to eat it where they want??

One meal, one time, bloody starve if you want! :x

I've cooked home made meals since I left home, just like mother, and have always said if you don't like it tough, my children struggle to eat it and I get so fed up with the, "don't like it, don't like it" attitude, my oldest son eats everything now, but the younger ones still do it :facepalm: but I feel family get togethers at meal times is important.

zetecmk2":2va2e2rd said:
it's important to eat. i didn't once....i got hungry!! :oops:

I starved once, was only eating two slices of bread a day, nearly lost my teeth couldn't swallow and fainted several times at college :oops: Yep I agree important to eat :D

Alison

Last night we had our first meal around the table and it was wonderful, I don't think we've had such a good time as a family at home for quite a while, a dining table really brings the family closer :D

Alison

Isaac_AG":1lq7u129 said:
Last night we had our first meal around the table and it was wonderful, I don't think we've had such a good time as a family at home for quite a while, a dining table really brings the family closer :D

Alison
our dining room and table is just a dumping ground,gets cleared off for sunday dinner when ever i cook one,and of course xmas dinner,maybe thats where part of my problem is,
you enjoy your family time Alison,
i now know not to take such trivial things for granted anymore,just hope i get the chance as you have to fix it all. :) :)

When the kids were young we used to eat at the dinner table every night and Sunday dinners. Now ones flown the nest and the other is 19 and is either out or in his bedroom so we don't anymore.
Used to be nice to ask all how their days school/workday had gone etc.

Without a doubt very important.
Need to engage in conversation though and not just a platform to hassle the kids

dyna-ti":1mdkpo6z said:
Without a doubt very important.
Need to engage in conversation though and not just a platform to hassle the kids

We haven't talked this much in ages, my oldest came home yesterday from Marine life and it was wonderful having the whole family together, he was very pleased too.

Alison

Latest posts

Back