'92 MARIN - BEAR VALLEY

Marin'tastic

Dirt Disciple
Well.... it's not been long since I joined the RetroBIKE forum, a month or so. After many years of remembering the bikes I use to drooooool over, whilst saving up for these with my weekend job... whilst at Uni. After looking at various old skool bike sites I came across RB. What a superb site!!!! :D :D :D
It didn't take long to find all those lovely bikes that I wished I could afford all those years again. So, at the grand old age of 44 I have started on a 'quest' to accumulate (possibly the right term?? :LOL: ) those very bikes that once frequented the window of my LBS.

First up was the purchase of a Marin Bear Valley from a great bloke on this forum called 'Wookie' - what a top bloke, sorted out a frame/forks (750g type) and other parts quicker than you could say 'Ebay'. NOS decals were purchased from another top bloke 'Retro Guru' who came up trumps with some spot on MARIN down tube logos that now look a treat on the frame. Saulus another RetroBIKE member ... assisted with selling me a very reasonably priced rear mech. I've added a 'plum friendly' top tube pad I had from the 90's - not sure if it looks right, but they seemed 'the biz' back in the 90's (or is my memory going already~??)

The next month of weekends was spent stripping down and cleaning up the parts I had accumulated ready for fitting. The end result so far is shown below. This is now ready for some awesome rides along the North East coast - pictures to be posted !

Seriously. many many thanks for such a great amount of retro bike karma so far, I aim to 'FILL' the space I have in the garage with some retro-goodness :LOL: :LOL:
Cheers
Marin'tastic

Attachments

• Retrobike Image 003.jpg
    Retrobike Image 003.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 563
  • Retrobike Image 002a.jpg
    Retrobike Image 002a.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 561
Hi Retro Guru/ Raleigh Racer,

The mud guard is a 90s 'tastic CrudCatcher, but the more rare clear flavour as fitted to many PACE frames. One of my many purchases from flee-bay!.

The main decal 'MARIN' was purchased from Retro Guru here on RB. :)

Cheers
Marin'tastic

Looking good mate! Glad to see the frame went to a good well loved home!...Beware though this is how it starts I now have a garage of 6 Marins!!

Doug

Attachments

• photo %281%29.JPG
    photo %281%29.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 427
Wow.... that is one sweeeeet !!!! garage picture :shock: :shock: :shock:

Current 'fleet' ...
'92 Marin Bolinas Ridge (now sprayed up to look more like a Muirwoods (as I really like that look)
'92 Marin Palisades Trail (the Mrs' M's MTB)
'92 Marin Bear Valley (acquired from your goodself!) looking uber cool matt on gloss black :LOL: :LOL:
'08 (yup I know not retro but still a Marin) - Sausalito converted to a suspension single speeder (very cool looking, ninja quiet!!)
'07 Marin Mount Vision (now that is a lovely full susser)

Plus a few more single speeds, three foldies and a partridge in a pear tree??? ... no its a cool '86 BMX (my sons ride).

Yup the BV is now about there re its build.... might try and get a ally Girvin Stem from evil bay at some point (anyone got one for sale??) 25.4 flavour?

Again cheers for kind words and such spot on selling/posting (it was mega wrapped!!) etc when purchasing the BV... I'll add some 'coastal' pic's at some point when I get some summer rides in - sweeeeeet :LOL:

Marin'tastic":1lx7tfbi said:
Wow.... that is sweeeeet !!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Current 'fleet' ...
'92 Marin Bolinas Ridge (now sprayed up to look more like a Muirwoods (as I really like that look)
'92 Marin Palisades Trail (the Mrs' M's MTB)
'92 Marin Bear Valley (acquired from your goodself!) looking uber cool matt on gloss black :LOL: :LOL:
'08 (yup I know not retro but still a Marin) - Sausalito converted to a suspension single speeder (very cool looking, ninja quiet!!)
'07 Marin Mount Vision (now that is a lovely full susser)

Plus a few more single speeds, three foldies and a partridge in a pear tree??? ... no its a cool '86 BMX (my sons ride).

Yup the BV is now about there re its build.... might try and get a ally Girvin Stem from evil bay at some point (anyone got one for sale??) 25.4 flavour?

Again cheers for kind words and such spot on selling/posting (it was mega wrapped!!) etc when purchasing the BV... I'll add some 'coastal' pic's at some point when I get some summer rides in - sweeeeeet :LOL:

Ha well you a definate member of the Marin appreciation society! I have an '08 Rift zone with pretty much full XTR etc but finding it a bit heavy!

Back