Swiss Army Knife or Leatherman - which is best?

taffy":24f2fepg said:
Victorinox swisstool

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Victorinox-3032 ... +swisstool

used to sell a few of them and never had any issues or return. my manager at the time had the top end Leatherman "wave" and was disappointed with it compared to the Vic. I had (still do) a Gerber 500 which wasn't to bad but the quality and durability of the victorinox wins hands down (err it is a bit heavy though)

I've had one of these Victorinox for years. One Christmas, Homebase were selling them double cheap so I bought a few.
It wears a hole in your pocket though; not light!
If it wasn't for the locking blades though, I'm sure I'd have a few less fingers to stick up at the Law!

I've a little bit of both! The Leatherman I have is a Wave, lovely bit of kit and so nicely made. It's been used for everything really from cutting cables to cutting back branches off the tree in the back garden - and the obligatory bit of flat pack furniture assembly..

My day to day work tool though is a simple, little old Victorinox Spartan. It's cheap to buy (or replace if it goes AWOL), small and lightweight for riding with and even though it only has a couple of blades and tools it always ends up being used several times a day :)

That Opinel is really nice - like that a lot.

In the end I went with the Gerber Suspension and a Victorinox Mini Champ - £20 each and allowed me to be completely indecisive!

leatherman all the way, they are of a better size to work with what being slighly larger, makes them easier hold to do delicate stuff! easier to clean as well! you can hose them down to remove the blood! :shock:
mine never leaves my side if we go away anywhere, it's one of the first things to put into bag and it gets used everytime! you can take most shower heads apart and unblock them with a leatherman wave :LOL:

I've had them all and collect Victorinox SAK's. Say what you like about feature, Victorinox SAKs are by far the best quality. Whatever floats your boat though :D.

Ludicrous that knee-jerk reaction laws deprive legitimate carriers of an essential tool

Couldn't agree more mate :evil: .

Both arrived today. The Gerber looks like a nice tool and will probably live in the car and the mini Victorinox is perfect to go on my key ring. A nice compromise.

We_are_Stevo":2xzlpq64 said:
Same with our pathetic gun regulations; our Olympic shooters have to go abroad to practice while little scrotes in every sizeable urban area in the country have access to a veritable arsenal of Chavvy weaponry and openly post pictures of themselves on bl**dy Facebook et al.

Let me guess: you read the Daily Mail and can't tell the difference between an airsoft replica and a real gun...

Back