Dave Yates

Gtpulse

Dyna-Tech Fan
Been after one for a while in my size, the opportunity came at the right price last week so here we go!
Arrived with a threadless fork and aheadset installed. To me this just doesn't look right on this frame

Untitled by gtpulse78, on Flickr

As much as I enjoy reading the step by step photo by photo builds, I don't have the time or the patience to do this myself!
So frame arrived yesterday, been in the garage all day today, polishing, raiding my wifes nail varnish to touch up the chips and trying different options for forks. I had a spare set of GT Edge alloy forks that are threaded. Quill stem seemed the best option so this is what I've gone for. Most of the build is Campagnolo Chorus, with added Mavic, donated by another bike that is too small for me. Run out of time today so still have cabling to sort and chain to fit which will have to wait until next week.
Build so far

I'm really pleased!

Nice. Those deep rim Campag wheels look really at home on that frame. Good call to lose the threadless headset - looks much better with a quill stem.

Good job. look 10 times better with the replacement forks you have used.

if thats a starfish chain set ? any one got any pics of the crank bolt and dust cover. also a reverse view close up of the dust cover would be brill i may have to get some copy's made . got the m for £ 70 on e bay i thought
that was an alright price 53/39 though !

oonaff":35o07ce5 said:
if thats a starfish chain set ? any one got any pics of the crank bolt and dust cover. also a reverse view close up of the dust cover would be brill i may have to get some copy's made . got the m for £ 70 on e bay i thought
that was an alright price 53/39 though !

I'll check when I'm back at home but I'm 99% sure the ones I've got on an Deore LX crankset on another bike fit it. Having googled starfish ones they look the same but may need painting to match.

Back