How nice are Smokes?

Westfailure

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Well, my nice new amber wall Smokes arrived all the way from Germany last week. Had them sat in the garage since then and last night stuck them on the Team.

Had a nice couple of hours out over Tunnel Hill and Deepcut Woods tonight. First time I have ever ridden on Smokes and Wow!!!! Aren't they just smashin.... So much grip, I could just chuck the bike at any corner and they just stuck. Much more bike and tyre than I am rider but had a great time on them. The Team is a size below my standard at 17.5" but it all felt so nice and fluid tonight. You know the type of ride I mean when everything falls in place.

Finished up watching the band of the RLC practicing on their parade ground for an open day this weekend. Watched two run throughs of Highland Cathedral with a tear in my eye.

Anyway, Smokes are lovely. If, like me, you have never tried them then do so.

Mark.

they are iconic. they just look 'right'. i remember as a youngster, being excited to see smoke prints on the trails, particularly the out the the way and seldom ridden trails when i was growing up. it was like a secret code saying someone who "knew" good tyres had ridden the trail before me.

hutchinson 'on the rocks" took over for me though, once released. they took the granrly / beefy tyre thing to the next level

Couldn't agree more Mark! I've tried 10's if not 20's of different tyres over the years and keep coming back to smokes! The smoke/dart front tyre however I'm not so sure about have the smoke rear and dart front on my team and the front slips quite a bit...Have smokes on both front and rear on my 97 mount vision and just got back from a sticky evening ride and, gotta love em! Take most things you can chuck at em and very good as a front tyre too...

...That and they look shit hot too! :cool:

Back