Gnarly looking P7

nausea

Retro Guru
Allow me to introduce my beloved hack! An uglified P7.

I just wanted a bike that I can happily leave locked up outside the shops but
one that still has decent spec hung off a good frame and this was the result:

p7side_zps803bda45.jpg

p7rear_zps9662cf10.jpg

p7nondrive_zpsc14f14f7.jpg

Frame: 17" Orange P7

Fork: Orange F7

Stem: CODA
Handlebar: Syncros Riser
Headset: FSA Orbit Extreme

Brake Levers: Deore II
Brakes: XTR V (front), No-name V (rear)

Shifter: Deore II Thumbie
Rear Mech: SRAM X-9 Short Arm
Cassette: Deore LX
Chain: Hyperglide HG40
Cranks: Race Face North Shore
Chainring: Middleburn
Bottom Bracket: Deore LX
Pedals: Deore DX

Front Wheel: Mavic Crossroc UST
Rear Wheel: Mavic 121 SUP on Deore LX
Tyres: Shwalbe Marathon Plus MTB 1.9
Skewers: Mavic

Saddle: Selle Italia Grey Flite
Seatpost: Orange

I'm currently in two minds as to whether to keep this bike as it is, or swap out the frame with an incoming Lava Dome and do a nice repaint of the Orange frame adding a higher end, lighter spec. Either way, I'm sure the best solution will present itself to me over the next few weeks...

I lose my chain many times a ride with a similar setup on my ugly bike. I'm going back to 3 front rings.

The right hand thumbie for rear mech shifting would be enough to put some off stealing it. That is one of weirdest setups I have seen. :LOL:
However the use of canti brake levers with vee brakes is just dangerous. Do yourself a favour and get some basic vee levers. You can find shimano acera ones for £15 a pair brand new. You could probably get some used shimano deore or avid speed dials from the for sale section here for £10 or less.
How wide are your handlebars by the way? Are those just really long grips are those bars less than 550mm? Not sure I could steer that without falling off!

The brakes work OK actually - for canti levers I think they've got quite a long pull. Often get comments about the ridiculous handlebar width but it comes in handy fitting through little gaps and riding narrow canal towpaths.

Back