1967 Ford Mustang 289 GTA Fastback

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
Trying to get the cars down to a manageable number and now the Jensen is nearing completion I have to let my Mustang go :cry:

1967 Fastback in Candy Red with red interior
Genuine GTA
289 ci V8 (4.7ltr)
Rebuilt engine and transmission about 4,000 miles ago, £££££££ reciepts.
California import in 2004, summer use only since, kept in heated garage.
Totally rust free and pro waxoyled £400+
All matching numbers.
MARTI Delux report- tells you everything about orginal build, date, spec etc.
12 months MOT
Tax exempt
lots of history, old MOTs etc

This is a really nice Mustang, very original and unmolested. Very straight and rust free but needs paint to be perfect (California sun bleached look at moment) Interior is very good and totally original. Drives nice and sounds fantastic.

Suprisingly cheap to run, its tax exempt and £160 a year to insure and with no depreciation to worry about, its actually cheaper to run than a brand new Ford Fiesta :shock: And I know which one I'd rather drive!

Live out your McQueen/Bullit fantasies for a bargainous £17,500. Pics to follow in the morning.

S

D'oooohhh..................I'll have to settle for black polo neck, sports jacket, and moody stare for now..............

lookin' for'ard to the pics, anyway!!

Ah 'tis a place of many wonderful things :LOL:

Pics of the 'stang

00stang01.jpg

00stang02.jpg

00stang03.jpg

More pics if anyone wants them.

Cheers

S

Dr S":3nxkkjcq said:
...its actually cheaper to run than a brand new Ford Fiesta :shock: And I know which one I'd rather drive!

Having driven a few old Mustangs, I think I'd rather drive the Fiesta too ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'd rather walk than drive a Fiesta to be honest!

Yanks are an aquired taste and driving requires a different technique, steering is very vague around the middle and over assisted but its pretty accurate and the rest of the chassis- brakes, roadholding and handling is pretty damn good- I was very suprised. I can really throw it about but I wouldn't like to get the wrong side of it- it would leave a very large hole in a hedge thats for sure!

This car is all about the sound, grin factor 10! Makes TVRs sound like a badly cobbled together unreliable British kit car.

S

That is ace! Who gives a monkeys how it drives when it's that cool :cool:

Back