1997 Santa Cruz Heckler: Updated Page 16

Re: 1997/1998 Santa Cruz Heckler build: My Z1's Have Arrived

spacehopper":3tbtyvqr said:
nice job on the bombers! theyll match the rest of the bike perfectly :)

they do come up well with a bit of elbow grease..! i love old school zocchis!

Thanks, they have shined up pretty good and they seem so much more solid built than my pace... would have been good to have kept the graphics though but nevermind.

ive fitted them to the heckler and they suit it perfectly but annoyingly the top half of my headset has disintegrated so i cant even ride them til i get a new one :facepalm:

Good effort on the bombers; the polished ones have a bad reputation for pitting and getting tarnished. Its a shame because they look ace. A set of reproduction decals would set them off nicely.

The bike looks good too.

Mindmap3":3i45g0zc said:
Good effort on the bombers; the polished ones have a bad reputation for pitting and getting tarnished. Its a shame because they look ace. A set of reproduction decals would set them off nicely.

The bike looks good too.

Yeah I see what you mean. But fortunately the corrosion was only on the surface, and 90% of it I was able to remove quite easily.
I'm sure I will get some repro graphics when I get around to it. After all bomber graphics can't be too hard to find, or replicate.

Will put that on hold for now though cos I've always fancied having the front triangle powdercoated in red with some repro heckler graphics made up and I would have the fork legs done as well in the same colour scheme to match, and id wait til then to fit some bomber graphics. I'm getting fed up with having to polish it all the time ;)

i seem to have a little collection of forks gathering for the bike now :LOL:
1999 Marzochhi Bomber z2 (80mm)
1998 Pace Racing RC36 (90mm)
1999 Marzocchi Bomber z1 CR (100mm)

the z2 were only on the bike for a day or two, they dont have enough travel, also making the bike too low at the front and the colour scheme didnt match either.i didnt expect to find a pair of z1 to replace them so quickly

a slightly better picture of the z1 fork, the picture doesn't really do them justice, the legs are really shiny ;)

and my old pace racing fork. i really liked these fork, theyve never let me down the past two years. its a shame they have to go, but they just arent suitable for the Santa Cruz

Re: 1997/1998 Santa Cruz Heckler build: More Fork Pics 30/5/

got the forks fitted to the bike!! with a couple more blue hope bits. the headset was kinda f*cked, looked like it had been beaten in with a monkey wrench or something, but i sorta managed to level out the cups with a file.... i should know better than to buy cheap from a kid on pinkbike :facepalm:

Attachments

• DSC_103.JPG
    DSC_103.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 690
Re: 1997/1998 Santa Cruz Heckler build: More Fork Pics 30/5/

got a chain device now. its a home made one, which is just a piece of metal cut to shape with a roller bolted on, but it does the job, and most importantly, it makes the bike look better :cool:

Re: 1997/1998 Santa Cruz Heckler build

Mindmap3":91ccmksg said:
That's not a bad effort at all! Looks like a quality job.

It works perfectly, and the roller is adjustable too... I can't take credit for making it though unfortunately ;)

Re: 1997/1998 Santa Cruz Heckler build

heres a couple pics of the end product, its not quite finished yet but its pretty much there now i think

your thoughts welcome ;)

sean

Re: 1997/1998 Santa Cruz Heckler: Semi Finished!!

Looks good mate.

All the silver stuff together works really well. Have you ridden it much?

Back