Sad news

Easy_Rider had a titanium Parkpre frame repaired by Enigma and again on another crack by another company.

I had a look at the repairs at Mountain Mayhem. Both were very neat and tidy, but the second repair was neater and I believe it cost less too.
I can't remember the name of the second company he used though.

Might be worth asking him via PM.

ishaw":1ybl5e6z said:
Can I ask a cheeky question. Any chance of a pic of the seat post clamp area on your frame, specifically the cut out. Trying to work out if mine has been tightened too much by previous owner or whether by design the cut out is straight up and down or tapers towards the top. Want to avoid stressing it and to make sure it has the right sized post/shim.

Cheers and sorry to hear about your alarming find.
Both of mine were straight up/down cuts when new, both are *slightly* tapered now (about a mm top to bottom).
One had the factory seat pin in it until i stripped it down! The other still has a syncros pin in it, which was what most (all?) of the team bikes had. 30.0mm.
Think the bonded in shim (that takes the diameter down to 30mm) has something to do with it.

ishaw":2yas7anw said:
Can I ask a cheeky question. Any chance of a pic of the seat post clamp area on your frame, specifically the cut out. Trying to work out if mine has been tightened too much by previous owner or whether by design the cut out is straight up and down or tapers towards the top. Want to avoid stressing it and to make sure it has the right sized post/shim.

Cheers and sorry to hear about your alarming find.

Mine appears to be straight with no taper. I'm using an X-lite post that came with the frame.

Sorry to hear about that.

An ugly (yet functional) repair would be to make a fibreglass "bandage" around the broken tube. At least you'd still be able to use it.

Sorry to hear your news mate, hope she can be fixed at a reasonable cost, otherwise maybe a new one is in order :(

That sucks! I feel your pain though. Just found a crack on top of the bb weld on my ti Bianchi. I plan on getting it repaired over in Portland @ ticycles stateside. Goodbye celeste :(

Good luck with whatever you chooses to do.

Back