Whats the point of a landline...

Warranty Direct have phoned yet again, for the 20th time :evil: I said to him "Do you ever get tired of people saying P*SS OFF!!" as I was hanging up I heard him say "Not really" Grrrr

Alison

Just as an aside - when I drove to Skye in 2007, I was amazed at the full 5 bars of Vodafone that I got no matter what dark road I was on. When working in Aberdeen and all points south/ west to Glasgow and Edinburgh, I was using 3 for email and internet without interruption.

17 miles from Cambridge, my broadband is about 1.67Mbps

My 3 phone has just registered a rather astonishing 4.004Mbps!

legrandefromage":35zy2gus said:
Just as an aside - when I drove to Skye in 2007, I was amazed at the full 5 bars of Vodafone that I got no matter what dark road I was on. When working in Aberdeen and all points south/ west to Glasgow and Edinburgh, I was using 3 for email and internet without interruption.

17 miles from Cambridge, my broadband is about 1.67Mbps

My 3 phone has just registered a rather astonishing 4.004Mbps!

Ipad speed test - DL 16.5 Mbps UL 0.85mbps. In rural gloucs. Is that acceptable? I have no clue!

Isaac_AG":16h3nowp said:
Warranty Direct have phoned yet again, for the 20th time :evil: I said to him "Do you ever get tired of people saying P*SS OFF!!" as I was hanging up I heard him say "Not really" Grrrr

Alison

Just something to consider - you don't have to answer it, you know - I say this to my parents all the time. Use caller ID, if it's not a number you recognise, use and answer phone and screen your calls, nobody compels you to pick-up the phone when it rings.

If it's important, they'll leave a message or try again, or try via alternate means (mobile).

I'll never understand why people let cold-calls irritate them - just don't answer them.

Ditched my land line when the ex and I parted ways 13 years ago. No one ever called me on it, anyway. All my friends were calling my cell for years before that, anyway, so it was virtually useless.

Back