80s Candy n Drinks

Spangles - the Olde English ones. Oh yes, I'm THAT old :shock:

We're very lucky round here - there's a proper old fashioned sweetie shop at the bottom of Steep Hill in Lincoln and there's really good sweetie shops in Horncastle and Woodhall Spa. Mmm :D

A lot of the sweets I remember from the 80's are sold in a certain sweet shop I know...

The likes of blackjacks, fruit salads, Wham bars, Icy Cups... I could go on but I'll leave it there.

Was at the wholesalers a few weeks ago with the wife, they have an "american sweets" section and I spotted something there that I just had to buy:

220px-Pepsi_Throwback_2010.png

Tastes exactly like I remember Pepsi did BITD (not sure what they did to the recipe but I'm willing to bet it's artificial sweetners!) - I still prefer Pepsi over Coke but this stuff is in another league :)

Elysarian":2u5zx7hx said:
A lot of the sweets I remember from the 80's are sold in a certain sweet shop I know...

The likes of blackjacks, fruit salads, Wham bars, Icy Cups... I could go on but I'll leave it there.

Was at the wholesalers a few weeks ago with the wife, they have an "american sweets" section and I spotted something there that I just had to buy:

220px-Pepsi_Throwback_2010.png

Tastes exactly like I remember Pepsi did BITD (not sure what they did to the recipe but I'm willing to bet it's artificial sweetners!) - I still prefer Pepsi over Coke but this stuff is in another league :)

Not sure whether it heralded from the 80s, but sometime in the 90s I experienced (it's the only word I can use...) a can of Jolt Cola - none of this namby, pamby Red Bull shenanigans, or Relentless or anything a bit bluff and bluster like that, this stuff properly put hairs on your chest - turn you into a sexual tyrannosaurus, that stuff would (props to Jesse Ventura, there...)

i remember a chocolate bar called 5 fruits, it was a bar with different fruit flavour centres.
oh how i'd love to get hold of that again.

videojetman":ouevh6yy said:
i remember a chocolate bar called 5 fruits, it was a bar with different fruit flavour centres.
oh how i'd love to get hold of that again.

Are you thinking of "Fry's 5 centres" there?

If so you're out of luck I'm afraid, there are no plans to reintroduce it, you can still get the Orange, Peppermint and Chocolate cream bars though (my wife sells these).

Spangles (esp Olde English) and Cresta pop (with the polar bear on the label - "it's frothy man")

I had stumbled across a few cans of soft drink called ..."TAB"...cola....

here down under favoured milk 600ml/300 ml were also popular favorites at the time where

eggflip
chocolate
caramel
blue heaven
toffee
jaffa /choc orange
banana

Back