Armstrong 1953 Restored FIRST RIDE Page 7

Re: Armstrong 1953 Restored FIRST RIDE Page 5

Now I want a more usable pushable road bike. Any offers? Around 23 inches

Congratulations on a glorious piece of work. Great photos too! Don't throw away that Benelux gear - they do work you know.

Would it be worth anything as I could do with recouping some of the spend? (Bar tape £5 a roll!)

Wow, you should be really proud of what you've done there, the bike looks stunning.

I'll be showing my dad at the weekend to see if it jogs any memories but I don't think that either of his Armstrongs came to him with the original paintwork. I'll have to dig the surviving one out of his shed to see how it compares to yours when I next get over there (not a patch on your build though).

Thanks to both. Now I need a retro pootle to attend. Brewery mkII? With camping? Or similar.

In the West Mids calendar viewtopic.php?f=45&t=231726 there's a brewery ride down for September although the national ride there last month might have replaced this.

Just perfect pootling territory around there :D .

Harry Porter":42cfg0mt said:
Congratulations on a glorious piece of work. Great photos too! Don't throw away that Benelux gear - they do work you know.

x2.

they take a bit of getting used to and setting up, but for that 'period feel' nothing quite comes close...

Moreton meander pic. Lovely day

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 481

Only fault was rear wheel pulled out of line by my awesome power on the climb up Adelstrop Hill.

And a bee got stuck under my helmet....

Back