Kirk Precision Spares

Yup, the MTB version:
P7030926copy_zpse52545da.jpg

The hanger:
P7030931copy_zps613a0d7e.jpg

It's held on with a nasty expanding plug and a self-tapping screw. Probably best to replace this with a chainring bolt. As you can see, my hanger's already split.
The front mech hanger:
P7030930copy_zpsb6b7ed4c.jpg

The rear hanger is 28mm centre to centre. The front mech is 18mm centres.

They're both Kirk specific parts, so I'll do some files for you...is STEP/IGES OK?

All the best,

That's perfect. The extra pictures are really helpful. I'll definitely get it machined from Al and use something like a chainring bolt on the rear.

STEP/IGES would be perfect. Thanks so much. Hopefully it'll be a useful resource for other folk too. I might come up with something inventive for the cable guides.

The MTB frame does seem to be the same as the road Precision, but just with U brake mounts instead of the caliper bridge.

viewtopic.php?t=235543
The one danson67 has in the photo is a very early version of the mountain bike one, it very quickly changed to the Revolution which has totally different Frame & front gear hanger & uses a one off expanding band type Shimano front gear.
I've just checked the rear gear hangers on the Road Precision & the Mountain bike Revolution ones that I have & they both look the same BUT i cant' be 100% sure with out dismantling both..
Hope this helps
chris

Thanks Chris.

I noticed the crazy front gear from the pictures j.c. sent me.

Obviously I can't tell the exact dimensions, but from danson67's pictures, they certainly look like they'd fit. It's just a question of whether everything will be hanging the right distance from the frame. I guess the main thing is the length on the rear one, and the distance out from the frame to the derailleur on the front.

Chris
The one danson67 has in the photo is a very early version of the mountain bike one, it very quickly changed to the Revolution which has totally different Frame
Certainly is...I particularly like the optimistic badging:
5cc2f72d9af8bae02a50e18a2afd7edc_zpsdd79c75a.jpg

Not like there was ever an unlimited 2nd edition :D

Thankfully the front mech on the Precision is just a braze on triple, mine's got a Suntour, despite the Shimano DX everywhere else.

Maxcalibur":1hbddr7e said:
I might come up with something inventive for the cable guides
Is it just the two plastic rear brake cable guides, or some of the stops elsewhere?

All the best,

Hahah. Oh well. We probably wouldn't be talking about them here if they'd been a success!

Yes, I just mean the rear cable guides on the top tube.

CAD Models now done: IGES, STEP, SDPRT, DXF etc available

Any takers on machining a few? or maybe 3D-printing a couple of trial pieces?

All the best,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-08 at 18.22.51.png
    Screen Shot 2013-08-08 at 18.22.51.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,039
  • Screen Shot 2013-08-08 at 18.36.37.png
    Screen Shot 2013-08-08 at 18.36.37.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,039
Re: Kirk cad

Hi Danson67,

Do you still have the CAD files for the rear hanger, I want to 3d print a few. Thanks a lot in advance

Casper

Re:

Hi Casper,

What format do you need?
I drew up the model in SolidWords, so have .SLDPRT, IGS or STEP:

All the best,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-26 at 11.38.53.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-26 at 11.38.53.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 931
Back