20 inch 1992 Explosif frame.

Let's just say this seller doesn't have one of the best reputations on here. Well used is often an understatement and over-priced. Just check out how long the Caldera took to sell and they even flogged off a Marin frame that was as good as wall art.

In this case there's a lot of chain-suck and cable rub, chips and all sorts. The paint has faded a hell of a lot. Naturally you could build this up and have a good bike but for me it's no-where near worth £175. £100 at best.

a similar vintage one in the same if better condition sold for a ton a while back and had the forks and headset.

I remember that Marin! Ninety five quid for a badly front ended head tube and mullered gear hanger!

wait was this one.. >_>

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marin-Pine-Mo ... 6938712810

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
This is in fact a 1991 size 19 frame. Aside from the chainsuck, which could easily be stabilised and covered, it looks in good condition. I think it might reach £100 in an auction.

I always think it's a bit ironic that this almost royal colour is so good, considering that it was originally the rather dowdy purple that can still be seen where the front mech band has protected it. It's just fortuitous that twenty years of sunlight make it fade in this way.

Anthony":3496pghr said:
This is in fact a 1991 size 19 frame. Aside from the chainsuck, which could easily be stabilised and covered, it looks in good condition. I think it might reach £100 in an auction.

I always think it's a bit ironic that this almost royal colour is so good, considering that it was originally the rather dowdy purple that can still be seen where the front mech band has protected it. It's just fortuitous that twenty years of sunlight make it fade in this way.

From 91 to 92 Konas paint schemes were basically boring colours,20 years of fade couldn't make me part with £75 let alone £175 more fool the person who buys it. And apart from that the 91 and 92 explosif's from my experience ride with a pretty dull feel compared with the original Konas and from the way my 1993 Lavadome rides,which feels a lot like the early bikes. It seems in 93 when kona pulled there finger out and they started making the bikes lively again.

Just my opinion mind :D

Back