What would you do: team bike or replica?

I don't like the sound of the guy selling the team bike so I would buy neither and wait for one with good karma!

rienster":1nqkg7hk said:
As a result I love guys like Virenque and Vino.
why? Virenque was the biggest asshole in 98/99 and vino was no different to the others.
But can't stand the man were talking about here.
it could be a number of riders, as has been said. How have you managed to work out who were speaking of? Just asking, not having a go ...

Robbied196":1c0e8lqu said:
I'd go bike 2, no one needs a shamed bike! I actually bid on a couple of Jimmy Savile's old bikes, I'm really pleased I didn't win one now :)

:shock:

:LOL:

ps who are we talking about here?! there are/ were loads of them on the bennies etc!!

i don't think that you'll receive a court summons for telling us who it is as it's no doubt been well publicised elsewhere!

:roll:

The Team Bike, its a No Brainer.
They (the riders) were all at it in one way or another. TUE's or what ever way they could to keep up.
In a perverse sort of a way the EX Team Bike might be come more valuable in time if its for a collection.

I hope that the team bike has a decent amount of documentation as to its provenance. Long-term value will depend on it, otherwise it's just another battered old bike.

pigman":wf72cxri said:
rienster":wf72cxri said:
As a result I love guys like Virenque and Vino.
why? Virenque was the biggest asshole in 98/99 and vino was no different to the others.
But can't stand the man were talking about here.
it could be a number of riders, as has been said. How have you managed to work out who were speaking of? Just asking, not having a go ...

Hi Pigman (great name btw, Seinfeld reference?)
Just loved that these guys were the dirt of the cycling world. Sat out their sentences, came back and did really well. Shows character to say the least.
As for 2nd point, you are totally right that it could be a number of riders. Since its in the US I have assumed he's from there. That leaves a few. I have just assumed we are talking about the biggest of the cheats here..... My bad.
But I am curious too.

Dont get the team bike if its to ride regularly. Now Im of high moral fibre, but Im also a realist, so in this instance I would get the team bike, it has history, that can be documented, discussed, reflected upon, as well as the investment value. Good or bad it doesnt reflect on you personally. We have to live with both the present and past in support of the sport we love, be wary of the authenticity though and dont pay silly money. Good luck

rienster":d29cw193 said:
Just loved that these guys were the dirt of the cycling world. Sat out their sentences, came back and did really well. Shows character to say the least.

Virenque solidly denied it until it was proven in court. I can't say it was a character trait I find particularly attractive especially when all the rest of the Festina team 'fessed up. But he was amazing to watch. Similarly I loved seeing Pantani climb, even if he was dosed up to the eyeballs and beyond.

Latest posts

Back