Broadband providers...Which 1 ?

heathy

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
We have been with BT now for 3 years, and up till recently there hasn't been much in it in the way of prices.
We are paying about £17 a month for it, and our 12 month contract run out 7 months ago. Haven't really done anything about it until now, we have been getting a few phone calls asking us to sign a new 12 month contract, at a reduced rate of £15 a month.
I had a look on some comparison sites and found plus net, virgin, tiscalli and sky. It seems we could get it for as little as £10 a month.
These sites don't really tell you what they are like so please tell me...
Who's using what and what do you think :?:

Virgin is cable broadband, can have higher speeds, but have ot live in a cable area, their interactive box is good but slow, sky and tiscali, i would look at the small print for download caps, im with UK Online, £19.99/month, unlimited at up to 8mb - not the best, but had no problems with them

I'm on the 3 for £30 deal with Virgin (was NTL) - TV, broadband and telephone rental. Very rarely a problem with the service in my experience. I think the broadband's been down 2 hours in total in 5 years :shock: and most of that was about 6 months ago in one spell.

We already have sky+ tv and are happy with that, I've just phoned sky
regarding broadband, and they said in my area it's £17 a month :shock:
Also just checked another comparison site and found this http://www.top10-broadband.co.uk/packag ... estsellers
02 have the edge there, and if you read the reviews all seems well.
Seems if you have a mobile contract with them [ wifey does] you get a further reduction :D
Before i go telling her to change to 02 is there anything bad i should know :?:

What sky package do you have? We reckoned we could swap packages and effectively get the broadband and phone calls for free. :?

I'm with O2. Its the cut price deal because i've got my mobile with them. Seem fine to deal with and its quick.

Sky are doing wireless broadband for free to new customers, if you remind them of that and tell them that you could get a better deal by switching your broadband, phone and TV to another provider, Sky will probably do you a better deal.

Russell":2l0h3ht6 said:
Sky are doing wireless broadband for free to new customers, if you remind them of that and tell them that you could get a better deal by switching your broadband, phone and TV to another provider, Sky will probably do you a better deal.

I gave that a go already Russ, only to be told "you can't do that as your an existing customer", and " my area hasn't been upgraded yet" :?
Looks like were going for the 02 package now, cheers for your input guys.

Back