Kona Firemountain 03 and Steel 90's Hahanna

I've been considering losing it, I'm not sure, wanted a little something on there maybe the kona logo on the head tube?

What do you reckon for the hahanna?, it's going to be raw finish steel, to add decals or not to add decals?! Thing is I love the retro KONA on the down tube, was thinking of getting a decal kit for the Hahanna and using a retro kona logo on the firemountain head tube???

Original plan was to leave the hahanna bare, and just have the p2s decals on the forks as a touch, I spent ages with a rotory tool and managed to save the original p2 logos on the frame....then f@"#%d it up when I got carried away polishing at a later date :(

The later kona decals to me are naff. Only having the 'kona' one as well.. I would just put a head tube logo on. Can tell what brand it is by looking at it.

For the hahanna I would order some from 97-98 as they were brilliant.

Do you mean the 1st of the "jungly" kona font?, I quite like the original 96 blue block capitals, ill need a strong colour to stand out from the steel.

naboo":1cv371sh said:
Do you mean the 1st of the "jungly" kona font?, I quite like the original 96 blue block capitals, ill need a strong colour to stand out from the steel.

Yep those are the ones I mean. Classic. All the pure 2000 ones were good really.

Great work, FM looks ace after a polish! I'm loving the old skool steel frame too - there's something about those old Kona frames!

Re: Low budget raw ally kona firemountain 03

naboo":h31r1ws2 said:
Thought i would add a few more pics after a few evenings with some autsol :)

DSCN2369_zps022d7f3a.jpg
[/url]

What stem and bar combination is this? All these bikes look great!

Cheers! I don't know why but I love the old konas aswell, think it was because when I was at school we used to read mbuk and drool over the konas in there, but couldn't afford any of them with my paper round money :(

I had a saracen hard trax that I loved, didn't realise there was such a following for Saracens until I got on here, like the kilis!

Not overly keen on modern mtbs which is just as well as I don't have the funds to buy one anyway, not a fan of the weird looking frames, and overkill graphics and the horrific brand names that have no meaning to me, maybe it's one of those things when you get older!

Was thinking keeping it original block kona on the hahanna and poss go 98 decals on the fm?

The stem is just a giant stem I got in one of my gum tree job lots :) the handle bars are some ea50s from another gumtree find!, (the same £25 lot that had the hahanna in) keep your eyes peeled!

Thought I would add a pic of the hahanna, wanted to see what gear combo would fit so chucked some bits on loosely and had a glimpse of what she may look like when finished!

The build is behind, thought I had the headset knocking around but it must be off of another bike :( there is a few bits i need, anybody selling a cheap threaded headset?, nothing flashy required!

Back