Roadie ebay madness

Mr Panda

PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
This is a very early 50s front Mech and matching "open C" shifter. So if you were doing a totally period correct restoration and need this one part...

They are both early examples and in good condition, but even so it seems a strong price (unless you're the seller). I bought an identical lever for £50 the other day at a jumble and I have early examples of the mech. I bet that I don't get that sort of money when I put them on ebay.

sdp2112":39b1jtkd said:
They are both early examples and in good condition, but even so it seems a strong price (unless you're the seller). I bought an identical lever for £50 the other day at a jumble and I have early examples of the mech. I bet that I don't get that sort of money when I put them on ebay.

Can't help thinking that if you're thinking of selling then now might be the time to clean it up, photo it artistically and get it listed!

Yeah it's crazy but I have to admit I have been there. I needed one, yes one, frame button to complete my 85 Cinelli and had been looking for 6 months or more. Some guy was asking $40 for a pair and I balked. The next time the frame buttons came up they were $60 and I bought them. he puts head in hand...

lewisfoto":2nbwdl7q said:
Yeah it s crazy but I have to admit I have been there. I need one, yes one, from button to complete my 85 Cinelli and had been looking for 6 months or more. Some guy was asking $40 for a pair and I balked. The next time the frame buttons came up they were $60 and I bought them. he puts head in hand...

Yeah, but that is a bit different to £930 ...

......and another thing........single shifter to operate a front derry? Never seen that before - surely the norm would be double lever shifter to work front and rear derrys :?

Or am I showing my ignorance?

:LOL:

Back