excited isnt the word

Just looked at your photo more closely and they look like 2 rears. I have original Ground Controls on my 89 Rockhopper Comp and the front one has a different tread pattern....

Attachments

• GEDC0005.JPG
    GEDC0005.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 192
  • GEDC0006.JPG
    GEDC0006.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 192
  • GEDC0007.JPG
    GEDC0007.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 192
dan singh":3klzdc6k said:
Just looked at your photo more closely and they look like 2 rears. I have original Ground Controls on my 89 Rockhopper Comp and the front one has a different tread pattern....
Yes yours are ground control 2, mine are the earlier version

Going to fit them this weekend I still need to clean up the deore chainset and rear mech prob tomorrow afternoon

About 4 years back I was moving house. I was hanging on to a set of porc's for a while, but just couldn't see myself using them. I am a mountain biker and road back in the day, I knew they were special, but I had no use and couldn't see myself restoring a retro MTB. I gave them away! Now I want to do a resto and wish I had the tires... well as my friend always says... "you make decisions and you live with them" and then move on. Ha... now I am seeing that there is a following for every era of bicycle!

Indeed, I sold my Ford rs turbo because I wanted something more modern. What was I thinking :facepalm:

Oh that's just not fair... I look at my hardpack 1.5 that are hanging in the garage (next to the porcupine) that I dare not use now having seen better days. The last two I bought... I got some strange looks.... as I took them on board the plane back to the Dallas as hand luggage... heck I couldn't bend the beads to get them in my suitcase!

I am looking for some new tires/tyres, I remember a thread on here as to leads to reasonably priced amber walls or narrow 1.5/1.7 tires, UK or USA... I can mail via Mum from the UK.

I'm currently running two Specialized extreme control 1.7's on the voodoo, but they are coming to their end, the knubs are starting to come off, I guess the rubber is coming to it's end... I bout several of those directly from the specialized site when they were closing them out for $10... should have bought a bunch, as they were originally $50 tires... oh well.

Back