Kili Wot #2 - FINALLY!! A finished build photo!!

So what colour Saracen decals do I go with??

• Black

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • White

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
Re: Kili Wot #2 - subtle rethink in the steering department!

You putting the same innards back in the unit was really funny :LOL: :LOL: but i must agree with you on keeping the same casing of the gear lever for the looks ;) and normally i hate those handlebars but with that handlebar stem and frame those bars just give a really fast stretched out look so i have to admire your decision to change them stevo :cool: so how does that stretched out position feel then mate :) ? ..

It's actually not that stretched for me; I'm 6'1 but my inside leg is only 31", though my knuckles drag on the floor when I walk...

...jumping out of too many perfectly serviceable aircraft when I was much younger does that to you; that and osteoporosis! :LOL:

Seriously though; this one has a slightly smaller frame than the blue one but by playing around with seatpost and stem length the measurements from BB to seat, and seat to bar are the same. Then, after putting the riser bar on the purple Saracen and liking it I thought I'd do the same for this one, but a tentative search on ebay threw up the On One Mary for a silly-cheap price so that was that!

I haven't ridden it yet; finished the cabling on Monday, ordered the decals from Gil and the headtube badge from Geoff yesterday, but doubt much else 'til my next day off this coming Monday?

Re: Kili Wot #2 - POLL continues - Progress, with photo's...

mikee":cc2prorc said:
Looks like the one I got from you ade

Looks good steve ,like it

Mike

Pass it back if you want mike!

Loving this Steve

Re: Kili Wot #2 - POLL continues - Progress, with photo's...

coomber":1x34yxcr said:
mikee":1x34yxcr said:
Looks like the one I got from you ade

Looks good steve ,like it

Mike

Pass it back if you want mike!

Loving this Steve

:D ta, quite liking it myself...

...in the flesh, as it were, it looks almost 'cruiser'-esque :cool:

You lanky bugger and you don't have to bragg about the length of your arms :LOL: , you kinda unevenly proportioned aren't you as i'm 5 foot 11' and my leg length also 31" and i've always felt as though i've got a long reach so you having that bit more upper body length than me must really make things awkward when it comes down to finding the right size bike :| ..

Yes your bike does look a bit naked without the stickers but it's certainly looking the part and i just can't wait to see it finished lol ;) ..

.....really quite like that! Especially in the red!

Muddy paw":yc6ls15w said:
You lanky bugger and you don't have to bragg about the length of your arms :LOL: , you kinda unevenly proportioned aren't you as i'm 5 foot 11' and my leg length also 31" and i've always felt as though i've got a long reach so you having that bit more upper body length than me must really make things awkward when it comes down to finding the right size bike :| ..

Yes your bike does look a bit naked without the stickers but it's certainly looking the part and i just can't wait to see it finished lol ;) ..

:D You should have seen some of the 'fun' I've had over the years trying to buy off-the-peg suits! :shock:

...and that's why my cro-mega has all the proportions of a narrow boat! (160mm stem)

Got the headtube badge ordered from Geoff, just waiting for Gil to get back to me now with a proof of the decals...:cool:

wookiee":49k81cf6 said:
.....really quite like that! Especially in the red!

Yeah, I kinda fell out of love with it over the winter because I couldn't get on with it; and because it wasn't 'different' enough from the blue one, but now I've got the shifters sorted and the Mary Bar on it I'm looking forward to getting it out on the Cuckoo Trail :cool:

Should be fast rolling with the relatively light frame and Halo rubber, also very comfortable and maneouverable with that bar.

Great looking bike (I'd leave the transfers off, but that's just me.) And wonderful to meet one with a weirder fit than me!

..What Haloes are those, btw?

Back