Help on GT LTS Serial number and model please

pokertee

Devout Dirtbag
I am looking to date my gt lts frame but the serial number oon it is a lot different to most i have found on here? The serial is: S7CA00394 Stamped on the underside of the bottom bracket across the non drive side. Im also unsure although i think its a GT lts 1 or lts team? Any help appreciated.

pics:
P1020655.jpg

Is there any stamp that says what it might be made of? It looks like an LTS 2 though from 1997 going on colour of main triangle and the linkage isn't Ti. So it's not a team.

Logic.Al":2n3lv6jf said:
Is there any stamp that says what it might be made of? It looks like an LTS 2 though from 1997 going on colour of main triangle and the linkage isn't Ti. So it's not a team.

Hello
Thanks for the reply. On the rear triangle near the derailleur its stamped 7005. And the frame might not have been grey originally as you can tell it has had a respray due to blow over on the BB caps.

It's not a 4 because of the linkage. It's probably because, as you say, of the size of the frame. It's a 20" in GT sizing. GT have random sizing for all their bikes. The 16" LTS I had was as big as my 20" On-One 456

My 18 inch lts2000 has the same gusset

Attachments

• 2012-07-31 12.40.47.jpg
    2012-07-31 12.40.47.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 982
looks like a 20" LTS 2 or 3 the top linkage being aluminium instead of titanium and 7005 aluminium instead of 6061. The gusset is meant to be there (to support the extra seat tube extension)

ok thank you. so its a 2 or 3. Am i right in thinking its a 1996 due to the straight seat tube?

The seat tube was straight on a few post 96 models - but the linkage changed to a machined alloy affair instead of cast Titanium or aluminium

Back