Personal Unicorn bikes (What's yours?)

mine is a realistic DiamondBack Apex or Axis of 90/91/92 vintage.
Like the Axis pictured above, if I could find one for reasonable money nearby I'd be a happy bunny.

minor_LEGEND":2rbupj86 said:
Like the Axis pictured above, if I could find one for reasonable money nearby I'd be a happy bunny.

Nowt wrong with being realistic, doesnt have to be High End to be a 'Unicorn' My choice is based on the fact that BITD it was my first 'Proper' MTB and even in them days £500 was a huge amount to spend on a bike. I've always kept a look out and despite DB's being fairly common in this guise i havent seen many. Hence when this came along i jumped at the chance of owning one again. :)

I too am a Happy Bunny :D

Mine is really sad. I've owned all the the expensive ones I'd like to have. But the one that's always eluded me is the M-Trax 1000 which a mate of mine had at school and I wanted one but could only afford a crappy Universal. Now one has come up for sale and I still can't afford it :( We just had to pay for the car to pass the MOT.

Jussa":2ywuab04 said:
minor_LEGEND":2ywuab04 said:

Nowt wrong with being realistic, doesnt have to be High End to be a 'Unicorn' My choice is based on the fact that BITD it was my first 'Proper' MTB and even in them days £500 was a huge amount to spend on a bike. I've always kept a look out and despite DB's being fairly common in this guise i havent seen many. Hence when this came along i jumped at the chance of owning one again. :)

I too am a Happy Bunny :D

Nope - nowt wrong with that either. I've got 2 Axissssesss (91 and 92) and 3 Apexesssess (91 and 2 from 95), but the sweetest and most meaningful to me, was being able to get a 91 Apex - as a replacement for my original 91 Apex - my first proper mountain bike I bought, but lost it's fight against crime in 95.

That I might have "better" bikes now, or maybe in the future is a footnote, really - if I had to choose / save one, only, it would probably be a close call between my 91 Apex and 95 Apex, but I reckon the 91 would win out.

edit: I've always had a bit of a thing about the Raleigh Dune Dancer - something about the colour, the name, and a review I read in MBUK BITD. It's not any particular focus for me, but one of those, possibly a late 80s Montage, and a khaki green Stumpjumper from the mid 90s are itches I haven't yet scratched.

edit: I've always had a bit of a thing about the Raleigh Dune Dancer - something about the colour, the name, and a review I read in MBUK BITD. It's not any particular focus for me, but one of those, possibly a late 80s Montage, and a khaki green Stumpjumper from the mid 90s are itches I haven't yet scratched.

One for sale in classifieds ;) Along with my M-Trax :cry:

Logic.Al":gaj39azm said:

Which one - do you have a link - wasn't sure whether you meant Dune Dancer, Montage, or Stumpie.

Neil":379sxjor said:
Logic.Al":379sxjor said:

Which one - do you have a link - wasn't sure whether you meant Dune Dancer, Montage, or Stumpie.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=262825

One Dune Dancer

Neil":307p9zw1 said:
Thanks for the link, and damn you, retrobike, for once again placing temptation in front of me.

I know the feeling Neil.
I NEED this. But I'm sooo skint it's not funny :( :cry:

Back