Alternative brakes to avid elixir 5

I got my XT's from them; £190 with mounts and Ice Tech rotors. Dispatched really quickly too. I've been really happy with mine so far and the stock pads seems to last well too.

As a follow up to this, I received the slx's from rise within and couple of days and my lbs swapped the levers over and rebled them. They've been great, much more progressive and a lot quieter than the avids.

On another positive note, I sent the offending brake off to chain reaction who have today asked for the fnctional front brake to be returned as the manufacturer will give a full warranty return. They have said the credit is to be used for a new set of brakes, which I don't really need. That said my new fatty only came with elixir 1's and with my store credit a set if hopes would only be a out forty quid more. Hmmm.

gavinda":1m2g2g2d said:
On another positive note, I sent the offending brake off to chain reaction who have today asked for the fnctional front brake to be returned as the manufacturer will give a full warranty return. They have said the credit is to be used for a new set of brakes, which I don't really need. That said my new fatty only came with elixir 1's and with my store credit a set if hopes would only be a out forty quid more. Hmmm.

Do it, first thing I did with my Fatty was remove the Elixir 1s and fit some used Hope Tech M4s with 183mm rotors. Stops the Fatty dead. Also run them on my Orange and they work a treat.

Back