My e-stays

rjsc68

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi!

As new in town I am honored to be here to show you my e-stays bikes, some of them are projects, some others are... I don´t know... e-stays bikes:

First, 1992 Alpinestars CromegaLX:

Has all shimano LX m560 groupset, ritchey vantage comp rims, gree michelin wildgripper tires, odi attack grips and avocet r1 saddle.

Second, 1991 alpinestars cromega DX:

This is a "go to buy some bread" bike, this will be changing over the time because I am not happy with this.

Third, 1992 alpinestars Almega DX:

This one is not finished yet, I wante a "neoretro" bike, so I put a M3 fork, shimano xt m770 rear mech and shifters, race face deus xc cranks, ringle stem, mavic x221 with ritchey hubs wheels and thomson seatpost... will see how it looks when it´s done.

Finally a project... 1989 Kestrel MXZ:

I want to build this full xt with a straight rigid fork or a suspension one because I don´t like curved ones...

Sorry for my english, the quality of the photos and thanks in advance for your comments.

Saudos/Cheers

Attachments

• cromega 1.JPG
    cromega 1.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 989
  • CROMEGA LX.JPG
    CROMEGA LX.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 989
  • CROMEGA DX-1.JPG
    CROMEGA DX-1.JPG
    200.9 KB · Views: 989
  • ALMEGA DX-1.JPG
    ALMEGA DX-1.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 989
  • 20092012928.JPG
    20092012928.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 989
very good collection amigo!

Have you had the bikes from new or, collected recently?

Your english is pretty good. Better than mine considering i have lived on this island for 35 years. :)

You are not alone with your E-stay preference, loads on here.

gracias.

marc two tone":1hkhrnqr said:
You are not alone with your E-stay preference, loads on here.
+1
Wanna sell 'em?

:oops: Sorry. Obsessive-compulsive force-of-habit. :LOL:

Beautiful bikes you have there, rjsc68.
I like how the white Cro-Mega looks with the green Michelin tires.

marc two tone":b1l6qwrw said:
Have you had the bikes from new or, collected recently?

Thanks for your comments incorrigible and marc two tone, answering your question, no, I didn´t have the bikes from new, I collected them over the years here and there, the cromegas came from Germany separately (only frames), and the almega came from France, only the frame too.

I am a mtbholic... :p

Saudos/Cheers

Again, thanks a lot for your comments, I understand you skolioza, and agree with you too, how I look this bikes are a living thing, once you try with this equipment and see how it looks, how it feels and if you (me) are happy... well that´s it, job done, if the result makes you (me) unhappy, let´s try again. With the ´91 cromega I am unhappy, I don´t like how it looks, in the future i will make some changes... the almega...with this I want a neoretro, I am 44 yo fat man and I can´t move 46-36-26 rings with a 11-30 cassette :oops: , so I try to put in some modern parts to help me in the mountain... as I said before... will see.

I don´t know if I could express myself correctly... apologize for that.

I really appreciate your comments, thanks a lot.

Saudos/Cheers

Well - if they're bikes to ride, and rides better (in Your oppinion) with modern stuff - why not... most important is to having fun with ride!
Retro-modern is still not my point of view, but in this case I can understand this choice

hola rjsc, bienvenido al foro.

Nice bikes you have there.
Maybe in the neoretro I'd choose a silver crankset instead the black one.

I like the pic of the cromega with that old John Deere maybe? behind.

There are a few other spanish in this forum.

Saludos,
Emilio

Back