1989 Jamis Dakar Comp - Pink, Purple, Prestige.

Looking forward to seeing the rebuild pics - those jockey wheels look like they might clash though if you're not changing them.

kingoffootball":78nlt6se said:
those jockey wheels look like they might clash though if you're not changing them.

hah.. i wish they were purple but they don't really stand out too much, especially since it's a short cage RD. and at least the red is in the same color palette.. if they were green or yellow for example then they'd really clash.

Dropbar conversion done, fit pretty much dialed in as well.. this thing is FAST :D Though it's not quite as stable as my Univega

ow1y.jpg

6ie1.jpg

Tange Prestige MTB double butted lugged frame
Tange MTB fork
Deore XT M730 headset
Deore XT M730 thumb shifters
Deore XT M730/M732 hubs
Deore XT M735 shortcage rear mech with bullseye pulley
Deore MT60 crankset with SR 48/34 chainrings
Deore MT62 cantilever brakes
Deore MT60 front mech
Suntour XC seat post
Araya RM-17 rims
Cane Creek SCS-5 brake levers
Origin 8 Gary II bar
Kalloy stem
Salsa bar tape
Jagwire housing
Forte saddle
Avid tri-dangle straddle cable hangers
Tektro fork mounted cable stop
Jagwire in-line cable cable adjuster (rear)
Compass tires 26"x1.75

Niceeee. That's great, it looks miles better with skinwall tyres.]

Silver stem works better than the original black in my opinion too.

cheers.. and yeah black parts don't go well with the dark purple on this bike imo. the tires are pure function.. I love the Compass 26x1.75 tire.. very supple and fast, and as you point out the skinwall is also pretty classy

Imho this bike looked better before. :?
Too much pink going on. Black wires and black griptape would be better.

Thias":1g3hph0r said:
Imho this bike looked better before. :?
Too much pink going on. Black wires and black griptape would be better.

black cables and black housing.. how boring ;) a purple and pink frame deserves lots of flash. but everyone's welcome to their opinion of course

Well Done, You exceeded my imagination. I am trying to score one locally that has a ubrake on the back, all deore.

Attachments

• Jamis Dakar 1989.jpg
    Jamis Dakar 1989.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 378
wow cool a ubrake version! I wonder if that is a year earlier or the ubrake was used because it was a small frame. Interesting that you say it's all deore.. makes sense based on the parts that came with my bike. But it's unusual that they would offer a Prestige frame with deore parts i think. No matter.. good luck grabbing it :D

Back