Loeb pikes peak record.

Avec Ari Vatenen, nuts!
Credit where credit is due for any driver that does pikes peak really.

Chopper1192":5kw2xw2v said:
Small volume manufacturers put each of their individual cars through SVA once its been built, thus avoiding the huge expense of EU type approval.

There is no requirement to meet any specific NCAP rating but who's going to buy a car with a poor one? Individual safety systems and items, such as DRL s, front airbags, ABS, TPMS etc are slowly becoming obligatory on new cars, so as fun as my old 405 s were there is no way they could be massed produced and sold in the EU.

Fair enough, I wasn't really being serious I was just thinking out loud.

As for who would buy one, I'd be tempted. There have been lots of other re-issues of things I like recently, Bigtrak, 80's Tamiya RC cars, GT Zaskar etc. so a re-issue One Nine would be wicked cool!!! They could be pretty cheap too as they aren't packed with all the systems and toys modern cars have, and you could fix it yourself, albeit with alot of grazed knuckles, cursing and throwing tools on the floor (feckin stupid french piece of crap :x , ah happy days :LOL: ).

JamesM":2sxsmkwb said:
You have to wonder if an F1 car could be the quickest way up there these days???

I don't think an F1 can keep the speed high enough to generate sufficient downforce in the hairpins.

Back