First project. New member. GT project (parts to be cleaned!)

Re: First project. New member. GT AGGRESSOR

That's cheating!!
If you want a really good finish, buy some Peek and finish by hand. ;-) Useful tip of the day.

Re: First project. New member. GT AGGRESSOR

Yes, I can see why, from the pics it looks like a just machine polished it, but I found it easier to hand polish in the end. I have to say, as a former roadie who used to polish my Vitus with peek, I really like this autosol. Will try some peek, but for now I'm quite pleased. Must have taken about 6 hours. Good job I'm self employed!lol

Re: First project. New member. GT AGGRESSOR (Just polished!)

loving the retro b&d drill :D
frame is looking great!!

Thanks! That drill has enough torque to easily break a wrist I can tell you!

garethfj":d6zatfn7 said:
Thanks! That drill has enough torque to easily break a wrist I can tell you!
i know...i have one!!

Re: First project. New member. GT AGGRESSOR Have most parts

Well, thats the frame polished up with GT graphics from ebay. And might I ad that they are very poorly executed! Need replacing. Will have to use road cranks as bottom bracket is too narrow! I also bough a new rear mech hanger for it too, which actually cost more than the frame! Sorry, but the pics aren't great :-(
IMAG0622_zps340e696c.jpg
[/URL]

IMAG0621_zpsea2e942e.jpg
[/URL]

Just can't stay away from singlespeed. This bike isin't for much more than fun & town riding.
IMAG0635_zpsee82982e.jpg
[/URL]

Will be using parts from my past that I can't part with!

IMAG0629_zps769e6afb.jpg

IMAG0634_zpsd22251b8.jpg

IMAG0633_zpsed4dfa92.jpg

17eaca93-5277-4dbb-9253-953e4f2910bb_zpsaa741cb1.jpg

IMAG0631_zps005428a4.jpg

IMAG0630_zpsa0c704ab.jpg

Not sure about the crown on these new forks!
IMAG0628_zpsefe9f1d2.jpg

Lastly, has anyone got a syncros stem cap? mines now useless! :-( Love these bike parts, all bought second hand about 10 years ago, apart from the Maggy's. Would just love a zaskar to put them on, but I've put so much time into the Agressor/ outpost? that I'll use it happily. Love the 14.5 size too!

Re: First project. New member. GT, but which model?

Antfox":23vf9bb6 said:
To remove te cups I used my chain whip handle and a hammer, then paid a store near where I like 7 pounds to fit the headset. Don't do enough frames to warrant a press.

Gil makes good stickers I have heard, ill get some off him when I can but I'm trying to get another frame first .

Keep the posts coming I don't have a step by step build for my new one just the finished pictures.

Ant
threaded bar 2 big washers 2 rubber washers and some nuts perfect press :)

Re: First project. New member. GT, but which model?

healthclinic11":2b5pjbi0 said:
Antfox":2b5pjbi0 said:
To remove te cups I used my chain whip handle and a hammer, then paid a store near where I like 7 pounds to fit the headset. Don't do enough frames to warrant a press.

Gil makes good stickers I have heard, ill get some off him when I can but I'm trying to get another frame first .

Keep the posts coming I don't have a step by step build for my new one just the finished pictures.

Ant
threaded bar 2 big washers 2 rubber washers and some nuts perfect press :)

Do you mean instead of a top cap, or just for the headset?

Re: First project. New member. GT project (parts to be clean

Looking good, I will visit this post to see it done, congrat!!

Saudos/Cheers

Back