Zaskar rebuild

Davev333

Dirt Disciple
Well it's done :) some bits I would like to change when the parts come up but all in finished and rideable lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,351
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,351
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 1,351
Thank you guys I've not really followed any rule book on this just seen a picture on the Internet of the repro built Zaskar from the magazine, and fell in love with it so this is my take on that one if you like :).
It's a 1994 frame sanded and polished with Xt components, Judy XC 2000 forks but as I liked them yellow I painted them, decals for forks of ebay, and the Decals for the bike where off Gill who did a cracking job I have to say.
The Picture I first seen had the bike with Disc brakes which I thought looked a bit odd really so decided to go with the xt v brakes. Kore stem,bars and bar ends they where cheap but a bit tatty so stripped them and painted gloss with the mat Center bit as original. Hg51 cassesett came yesterday so fitted to the black alexrimes "like the black rims,spokes and hubs with the smoke and dart tyres on"
I have what I set out to make and have enjoyed no end building it making parts that looked ready for the bit shine like new even if that does cost more "in paint" than buying a new part lol
My miss has been saying that bit looks old and had it, why an old frame that's got no sping on the back, why don't you paint the frame "ARRRRRR NO",why don't you buy a new one lol. But now she loves it and is just annoyed that she can not ride it, well I don't want to lower the seat and scratch the tube do I lol.
On that still looking for a Kore elite seat post if anyone has one :)
Again thanks for the nice comments everyone. I built what I wanted and I know people like different things but its great to hear that others like it too.

Back