Specialized Rockhopper 1997

Knee op soon and so restricted to gentle pootles... So took wife's bike out

I love Devon!

Dead Rats":2owk4zur said:
nice... bet the good lady HATES the saddle :LOL:

She's not been convinced to give it a try yet, should just buy her a nice big sofa saddle really :)

I'm reliably informed that certain Spesh ladies saddles are great, especially the 'Lithia Gel 155' model (missus has two). I know from my old Rockhopper that the OE one is really hard!

coomber":3dfp7nzh said:
I know there are only 5 people interested in this from 2500 members but still...

I am getting there between feeding a newborn and struggling to walk with a knee injury!

And best of all the wife promises to give the bike a go (she doesn't cycle at all)

Had a half hour yesterday so got it all cabled up, chain fitted, new cassette and cranks on.

Well if i had spent more time on the forum during 2013 then i would of noticed your Rockhopper revamp but i was trying find information out on a bso at the time convinced like a little child that the said object was worth the effort of restoring while most members were ignoring my quest for information plus i was upto my eyeballs trying to sort a move out from a semi detached house to a 1st floor flat :facepalm: ..

Any way i've grown up since then and even though it's really late in the day i still have to say that you did a cracking job of fixing the Rockhopper up and i actually really like these Rockhoppers from the the late 90s ;) ..

Re:

Not seen this before, well done for giving it a new lease of life. Worst condition I've ever heard of, with bonded spacers and death star jockey wheels!
I like your idea of a little pootle. On the big ring! :LOL:

Mike

Back