M550 Shimano Crank Set

Buzz1

Retro Newbie
I'm restoring my 1990 Rocky Mountain Stratos and would like a set of M550 cranks (175mm) and chainrings (not bio pace) along with a bottom bracket.
History shows my Stratos should have an MT60 but my bike still has the original crank on it and its an M550. Can anyone fill me in on the history of the M550 please?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I've got a pair with Biopace-chainrings. Can mail a pic if you want. Got a Tange or Shimano BB-72 bottom bracket too.

I have a totally mint LX M550 chainset and bb that I may part with? they have only done around 20 miles from new!

Frank Z":38woreue said:
I've got a pair with Biopace-chainrings. Can mail a pic if you want. Got a Tange or Shimano BB-72 bottom bracket too.
Thanks but no thanks Frank.

Racin'snake":21okpc52 said:
I have a totally mint LX M550 chainset and bb that I may part with? they have only done around 20 miles from new!

Now that does interest me!
Non Biopace?
175 mm crank length?
117.5 BB?
Photo? Price?
I have bought a set but they are a long way from being mint which I would like to have?

Buzz1":c3nv7lg2 said:
Racin'snake":c3nv7lg2 said:

Now that does interest me!
Non Biopace?
175 mm crank length?
117.5 BB?
Photo? Price?
I have bought a set but they are a long way from being mint which I would like to have?

Heres the thread....I have been thinking of splitting this for a couple of weeks now as the missus has only ridden it once

Non Biopace 175mm as for the BB unsure but it is a non sealed jobbie

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=256041

That is indeed a great bike. Has the crank arm been stamped (on the outside) DEORE or DEORE LX?

Back