Progressive 5th Element shock - WITHDRAWN FOR SERVICE

johndeverill

Senior Retro Guru
Hi all,

Progressive suspension 5th element shock for sale.

Really need to say no more about these shocks as they were on almost 90% of the pro riders bikes back in the day!

2.5" travel. Forgot eye-to-eye but will measure up later. Was working fine when removed from bike.

£45 plus £10 delivery.

Re: Progressive suspension 5th Element shock - £45

Measure the eye to eye and let me know please....

Is it fully functioning with good compression and rebound ??

Hi,

Ill check the i2i when I get in and it has low/high speed compression, rebound and charge (or platform if you like marketing lingo!!) pressure etc.

John

Hi Boxxer,

It's 215mm i2i.

Slight problem though, I decided to take the spring off and check everything was working fine. Reservoir pressure - check, compression adjustment - check, rebound adjustment - SNAP! The chuffin adjuster sheared off in my hand. Hmmm. It has been off my bike about 6 months and I never really adjusted it for ages due to it being set how I like it.

New adjuster and a full service before sale now methinks!

Hopefully it will be all sorted within the next couple of weeks so if the i2i is fine and you are happy to hold on ill give you first refusal.

Cheers and apologies,

John

Update - Ringing TF today to sort out another rebound adjuster. IIRC the Manitou Swinger ones also fit so it may have to be one of those. Pretty much the same but blue anodised.

John

Back