not another ebay nightmare!( seller refusing refund! help!!)

Re: not another ebay nightmare!( seller refusing refund! hel

The bearings are a consumable item, intended to be removed and serviced/replaced at intervals.

Is it reasonable on remove the bearings from a second hand frame for inspection and service? yes.

Can you reasonably use the frame without removing and inspecting the bearings? No.

Did the seller mention that the bearings were shot in the ad? No.

Keep the old bearings and send the seller a picture. Ask how she reasonably expects to sell the frame to someone else with these knackered bearings? Ask her how she expects you to use the frame with those knackered bearings?

Her protestations are an irrelevance. Stick to your guns an pursue your complaint via eBay.

You got a right one there judging by those messages.

Hopefully someone at the Ebay end will be more reasonable!

highlandsflyer":39yplbh7 said:
You got a right one there judging by those messages.

Hopefully someone at the Ebay end will be more reasonable!

haha you're telling me! i certainly hope eBay will be more reasonable and see the case to be in my favour, as all the arguments i put forward have been well reasoned, thanks to chopper ;)

ffs what a nightmare!!!

have you seen the photos that are meant not to have any dents?

as for tampering, you did the seller a favour by dissaembling the shot bearings - you should be sending them an invoice for your work!!!

you are reliant on ebay to side with you ... but be prepared to come away as a loser. :(

02gf74":3t5r0ytw said:
have you seen the photos that are meant not to have any dents?

as for tampering, you did the seller a favour by dissaembling the shot bearings - you should be sending them an invoice for your work!!!

you are reliant on ebay to side with you ... but be prepared to come away as a loser. :(

i havn't seen the photos but i wouldn't be surprised if she has accidentally deleted them when i and eBay ask to see them ;)
haha good idea, i'll write one up now!
i'm prepared to come away as the loser as it's sods law that on the rare occasion when eBay side with the seller i'll be the buyer who gets the shit end of the stick! one can only hope it doesn't go that way. i just feel like i've been well and truly shafted TBH

It is a bit late now, but I am presuming you paid via Paypal? If ever you want to open a dispute over something that isn't how you expected on EBay use the PayPal dispute and forget eBay. You wouldn't have had to have read any of the drivel, you could have opened your dispute, stated your case and not agreed to any resolution other than a full refund/return. Yes you would have taken a hit on courier costs, but I would still class that as a victory

Crantinope":21lje33w said:
It is a bit late now, but I am presuming you paid via Paypal? If ever you want to open a dispute over something that isn't how you expected on EBay use the PayPal dispute and forget eBay. You wouldn't have had to have read any of the drivel, you could have opened your dispute, stated your case and not agreed to any resolution other than a full refund/return. Yes you would have taken a hit on courier costs, but I would still class that as a victory

i did indeed pay via paypal. i didn't realise that you could just cut out eBay and use paypal to settle the dispute but shall keep that in mind if i ever need to go through this again. right now i would be more than happy to take a hit on the courier if it meant having this piece of sh*t out of my life

EDIT: recieved a message from eBay this morning reccomending for me to try and resolve the issue with the seller, to which i replied i was no longer interested in pursuing a resolution with the seller basically because of her unreasonableness and attitude towards the situation and would be opting to wait untill the 4th of july to escalate the case. eBay haven't asked to see any pictures just yet so i assume they can't be thinking that i'm responsible for the damage etc and are looking to be in my favour. fingers crossed!

To be honest mate, the seller appears to be trying to tread water and hoping Ebay will side with her. I'm pretty sure, given the fact that the frame was not as described (how can you ever argue that paint could bubble during transit), that Ebay will make her refund you the money. I'd just stick it out and wait. If Ebay sides with her, then make everyone aware of the user and they'll soon find sales dropping off. You also have her address, and it's amazing what you can find out about people from their addresses. I once sold some pretty expensive computer games on ebay, and the buyer didn't contact me for a week. Instead of contacting him more than once through ebay, I used his address to find out where he worked (all this information was easily accessible online) and called him there, explaining to his boss that "I wanted to speak to xxxx because he bought something from me on Ebay and that he hadn't paid for it or contacted me to say why". When you speak to people in person it's surprising how polite they sound compared to their online persona!

Back