Sunn Road Bike

steelcat

Dirt Disciple
I have just got my hands on this. I knew they Made mountain bikes but didnt know they made road bikes.
Fuji chromo
shimano rsx groupset

Attachments

• sunn1.jpg
    sunn1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 2,965
  • sunn2.jpg
    sunn2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 2,963
  • sunn3.jpg
    sunn3.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 2,966
I think they were only available for a short time. Perhaps they didn't sell well. I've got a PDF of the '98 catalogue that shows your bike although it's yellow not red. I've got a Sunn Roader myself. Seems to be much the same as yours albeit with a double-butted frame. It's the only road bike I've ever ridden any distance but seems comfortable and handles ok.

I really like that. Didn't know they did roadies, will keep my eye out for a cheap one ( unlikely!)

coomber":v799dxrk said:
I really like that. Didn't know they did roadies, will keep my eye out for a cheap one ( unlikely!)

There have been a few on ebay in the last 6 months. Don't generally fetch much. Here's my Roader. It's got a silver Syncros stem and black tape now.

4.jpg

Don't see why they wouldn't be but are they as nicely built as the mountain bikes then? Look so similar.

I've still got a Sunn Ultra frame from 2001. It was a really nice 7005Al frame but came with a hideous steel fork. I upgraded to a carbon fork and it was a really nice race bike. I later saw Sunn had sold the same frame on a higher spec bike for a good bit more. The frame was solidly built with a lot of nice features. Tapered seat and chainstays meant a really comfy ride. Will try and find a pic of bike as it was.

Back