Is this really a Dawes Atlantis?

Annoying Twit

Dirt Disciple
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Its the right colour :)

The only colour option was the sea blue to sky blue fade. Looks like most of the components have been changed and your right about the centre pull caliper although the rear one may be original. Could do with some better photo's but it seems right.

Thanks. Even if the components are changed, it should have a nice frame. It's on the consideration list depending on what happens to the price during bidding :) I'm told that 531 will ring if you 'ping' it, so I could give that a go :)

there was also a red-fade option I believe, but it was the blue I lusted after back in the day. Good luck! :)

Robbied196":1xwnhpjb said:
Did you get it? Not a bad price I would have thought around £130 :)

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I had it in my list of possibles, while it should have been in my list of bikes that are either the wrong frame size (as this was) or too far away. So when I went to bid and double checked the details ... :( If it had been the right size, then I would have been bidding more than £91. Though that doesn't mean I would have won as the winning bidder may have bid much higher than that.

It is a bit frustrating, as I see loads of bikes selling which are the wrong size or too distant. This Dawes Atlantis is a classic example. There's a correct sized bike turned up now with supposedly 531 frame of the right size within the right distance, but it seems to be a stickerless respray. My plan for that one is to visit and inspect it in person, and see what it weighs. If it's light enough, then it will be worth something to me even if it's not what it claims to be as my plan is to use it.

Latest posts

Back