1998 Kona Hahanna restoration... first timer!

Good stuff on the forks. Looking forward to the progress with this.

If you want to start buying a few of your own tools, Wiggle do some cheaper branded stuff that seems pretty good. I bought a headset press for £35 and have used it a fair bit, the race installer I bought was £25 or so.

With regards to degreasing, I find the Finish Line Citrus degreaser to be the best stuff. It's not cheap, but seems to cut through the gunk than the others that I've tried.

Mindmap3":ti649g03 said:
Good stuff on the forks. Looking forward to the progress with this.

If you want to start buying a few of your own tools, Wiggle do some cheaper branded stuff that seems pretty good. I bought a headset press for £35 and have used it a fair bit, the race installer I bought was £25 or so.

With regards to degreasing, I find the Finish Line Citrus degreaser to be the best stuff. It's not cheap, but seems to cut through the gunk than the others that I've tried.

Thanks for the input! I'll check out that product. I've found my Muc Off kit that I was given as a gift years back. Should sort me for Wednesday.

I am in a similar position myself with a 1997 firemountin I am looking to bring into the future, absolutely loving the bike you definitely need to get out and ride that thing.

Just a heads up but if you are looking for a bike stand ALDI have their cycling offers next sunday so if you can get yourself down early sunday morning and grab yourself one i certainly plan on doing so. https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/c ... ming-soon/

Thanks Fred, what a coincidence that the standard is appearing on Sunday! Is it usually expensive? Thanks again

Got any pics of your fire mountain? Kong made great bikes back then, dunno what they're like these days...? Not keen on the look of their bikes anymore

Not sure on the exact price but i think around £40.

I shall get some pictures up sometime soon, really like the konas from 95-99, However i do quite like the current explosif but will not be buying one.

Good luck with the build, sounds like it will be a nice build, got a 96 hahanna rebuild on the go, make sure you post some pics of how she looks on the new forks!

naboo":mf0ment1 said:
Good luck with the build, sounds like it will be a nice build, got a 96 hahanna rebuild on the go, make sure you post some pics of how she looks on the new forks!

Sounds good! Got any progress pics?

Would like to know what you chose to go with!

Latest posts

Back