Bob Weston

neilg

Retro Newbie
Hi all
my brother inlaw has a bob weston steel road bike that he has offered me, i have looked on the web but cannot find anything about them :?: he thinks it was built in the 80s it has campag groupset the frame is either reynolds or columbus but he is not sure. i think he may be bringing it over next week .
i just wanted to know if they are any good :?: as he has offered me it to fix up & this would be my first vintage any advice or knowlege of these bikes would be gratfuly appreceiated.

Greetings Neil,

Not a brand I have heard of but if it is 531 and has Campagnolo kit then likely worth the effort of making it nice again. Welcome to RetroBike

Steven

thanks steven if he brings it up next week hopfully i can get some pics on here he thinks every thing is campag on it with cinelli bars

The below is "borrowed" from a well known fixed wheel site :)

Shaun

Bob Weston?

Just discovered that you were asking about Bob Weston a while ago. In fact he has a shop in Eastham on the Wirral (the bit of land between the Rivers Dee and Mersey) on the A41 halfway between Birkenhead and Chester. The reason you didn't find him is that it's called K Cycles (!) He used to have a sister shop (Longworth's) in Wallasey Village further up the Wirral but that has now closed.

Doubt whether he built any frames himself; like many frames (such as Dave Quinn, Graham Weigh etc) they would have been bought in or built to order elsewhere. His address and 'phone number are: 1186 New Chester Road, Eastham, Merseyside, CH62 9AE, 0151 327 1594.

In his youth he used to race (for the Larkhill Wheelers in Liverpool I think) and so there has always been a racing bias to the shop as well as the everyday stuff.

Thanks so much for the info this tells me quite a bit, my brother inlaw is from st helens & while he was out on a ride a couple of years ago he spotted it for sale outside somones house in ormskirk, he paid £40.00 for it if i get the frame number will i be able to find out exactly what frame it is.

once again thanks neil

Back