1989 Raleigh Banana Team Bike - Dave Rayner

ColnagoC59":wwq6thep said:
I will do the same mine was an ex ANC Halfords team bike so an orange Turbo is as rare as hens teeth but Magggie did me proud

Having had a google I've asked Maggie just to put the word "Turbo" without the vertical lines - maybe I'm getting OCD, but I couldn't find any trace of them being on this saddle.

Fair enough did the same for ANC Halfords and mine had the stripes seems there is no continuity with them and luck of the draw

Bizarrely my saddle though "new" in 89 was manufactured in '86.

Quite a few of the images I found the turbo logos had already rubbed off, and that's within a single season!

A lot of riders would keep the same saddle over two or three seasons, so it may well have been an older saddle that was fitted. Not so common now as the weights have gone down and they tend not to survive more than a handful of crashes (or more than a couple of 10s of thousands of km!!)

citrixccea":1tpmulv0 said:
Decals received today - full marks to Nick @ H Lloyd cycles, for having NOS stock of quite a few of these, and was able to reproduce the remainder. They all look perfect - but they'll look even better once applied.

For now here they are unapplied.

I got Nick to make up the Campagnolo Equipped sticker from the original on my ANC, glad to see they have been of use to someone else

Thanks for that Colnago, I really wasn't sure what it should be - it was only a single shot of Chris Walker and then Nicks input that lead to the decals you had made up. I've decided to have them with a black background, rather than the blue of yours.

All of that having been said I've since found an image where the chainstay are undecalled!

Any suggestions where I can source a new bolt for the seatpost? Not the one used to clamp it into the frame, the one that clamps the post onto the saddle rails.

The bolt works well enough, but it looks a bit mangled on the underside. It a 27.2 campag aero post

citrixccea":j9hcus7q said:
Any suggestions where I can source a new bolt for the seatpost? Not the one used to clamp it into the frame, the one that clamps the post onto the saddle rails.

The bolt works well enough, but it looks a bit mangled on the underside. It a 27.2 campag aero post

I'll have a look in my box of bits later, cant promise anything DD :)

Back