How do people store their multiple bikes?

Nice Paul, although I don't think there is anything sane about fitting all that through that little hole in the floor....I'd damage both bike frame and woodwork.

How do I store them? Poorly, very poorly. More damage has been done by me moving them around all the time than incidents while riding. I have more space now, but hanging the gates that I ride perpendicular to the wall took up a tremendous amount of space with the seatposts sticking out, so I moved the hooks up to the rafters and turned them 45 degrees (sorry the pic is dark, but you get the idea) and hung the bikes with more space between, but not sticking so far out off the wall. I put a little pipe insulation on the pedal closest to the wall to keep it from scratching. I need more hooks.

42n8.jpg

shogun700":28dgspbw said:
Nice Paul, although I don't think there is anything sane about fitting all that through that little hole in the floor....I'd damage both bike frame and woodwork.
When I put the loft hatch in I made it significantly larger than any standard sizes available.
With the seatpost out, pedals removed and the front wheel off it's actually quite easy to fit bikes in and out. Obviously not ideal, but it allows me to use the space I have, at least until I can afford to buy a barn or something similar.

Back