MacFatro - Fatbike news and builds thread

Having checked my calendar, the month of June is pretty empty for me so I have started a thread in the meets section of UKFatbikes about Tentsmuir for some weekend in June. I'll try and coordinate a day for members of both here and there that works.
Thus what Saturday or Sunday of the dates listed suits you guys best:
1st, 2nd, 8th, 9th,15th,16th,22nd,23rd
Last weekend I'm off on holiday doon sooth so cant do owt.
Cheers
Velo

Heres a video I put together from a ride the other sat night. Not too exciting but have been trying to sort the editing and uploading bits. Just using windows moviemaker and lots of converting from and too MP4 or whatever. Instead of youtube I put this on vimeo.
It was a nice night.

Jamie

http://vimeo.com/71207651

I seen this before on UKFatBikes and it doesn't do anything for me.
Aesthetically akin to a jobbie in my opinion.
Price is stupid money for a bike where they couldn't even design a decent decal.
I'm not into Ti bikes as the raw looking finish just puts me off for some reason. About the only one I've ever liked is TK's GT, and I've never been into GT's but that is just a lovely bike.
Ti aside I think that money could be better spent.
I am waiting for a custom build from a great frame builder that, while in steel, will come in under this. This will replace my Pugsley but is still a long way off due to waiting times.

Jamie

What about the new Salsa Titanium frames Jamie with a bit of paint on them? Any better? :LOL:

Mukluk_Ti_14_sv_1440x960.jpg

And have you started the custom build process? Any details?

Also, been a while since I've updated anything here. The moonie now has Bud and Lou tyres, and they are massive!

IMGP0642_zps09633596.jpg

Hi mate
No, my build is a while away yet, maybe even 12 months as I am in a line of waiting customers. All I will say at this stage is that it was going to be a straight 26'' singlespeed hardtail to sit alongside my 1X1, but after pretty much riding my Pugsley only for 12 months I discussed a Fatbike instead and as he has built one already when its my turn then he will build it around myself, my type of riding etc. Its been 12 months wait already and may be another 12 to 18 months before it comes off. I do need this time to save/clear the credit card :roll:
I have ridden my 1x1 recently as I do love it and so come late January I am going to fit a set of Surly's 26 x 3 Dirt Wizards when they come in the country. I already have 42mm Spank rims fitted so dont need to get the Rabbit Hole rims as they will fit most rims over 35mm. The beauty with these is not only the high volume but the sidewall height essentially makes the overall diameter the same as a 650b.
This is good as I found the 29'ers a bit big and looked at 650b but to much outlay for how often I use it now. So I will pretty much have a mini Krampus :LOL: Lucky its already green.
The Moonie, as usual looks great. Hopefully I will get down your way and meet up for a ride somewhere.
Jamie

Back