Eddy Merckx 60/61 ctc frame or bike

i am always on the lookout for 7 eleven stuff and will give you a shout should i find one out there on tinternet!

cheers!

craig

$(KGrHqFHJFYFG9lR7Q0HBR)18N3p8g~~60_58.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eddy-Merckx-B ... 4484104%26

Have just seen this Merckx Motorola. Worth looking into? It's quite poorly listed so will be worth getting in contact with the buyer about a few points and ask for some more pics etc. Looks like it's kitted out with full DA and a Grammo stem though!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
top tasty tip!

Just emailed the seller with a host of questions and a request for more detailed pictures. Somehow, purely based on that single photo, it seems smaller than a 60ctc tho? Maybe he measured ctt instead of ctc... Gotta admit I like seeing the bits of dirt on that thing, mostly because it means there's cleaning and tidying to do!

it's amazing how some folk can make an amazing frame into a banger of a bike! it looks like it's been dragged out of a skip for a circus midget to ride!!

however, as a potential buyer, that can only be a good thing!!

;)

judging by his spiel and by what he's bought and sold on his feedback list, this guy isn't a cyclist, so maybe even more of a chance of getting a deal on this one. i'd ask for lots of photos of that frame etc first tho'...

:shock:

Well, after an initial, relatively favorable response from that seller regarding shipping, I've yet to receive additional details/photos... Looks like a potential diamond in the rough, but based on the current presentation also a bit of a pricy gambit. We'll see if any more details are forthcoming :)

In the meantime, I think Germany might prove fertile hunting grounds!

DaveB1":1wj72age said:
Well, after an initial, relatively favorable response from that seller regarding shipping, I've yet to receive additional details/photos... Looks like a potential diamond in the rough, but based on the current presentation also a bit of a pricy gambit. We'll see if any more details are forthcoming :)

In the meantime, I think Germany might prove fertile hunting grounds!

yup, try dutch and french/ belgian ebay too!!

best of luck,

craig

I think we can call it a wrap. Ended up the high bidder on an EM frame (62cm ctt) on the dreaded auction site yesterday evening. Will of course be documenting the adventures to follow (as well as the certain faux pas' I'm about to make!)

Latest posts

Back