Glasto

Been once :D
Oddly enough i cant remember the actual year :? Robert Plant and Jimmy Page played that year and the weather was really scorching :D The type of weather you expect to see that far south.(us Scottish people have only heard about Devon/Cornwall summers in old legends)
Hitched down which was a real story in itself,especially the confrontation with the mad Scouser i met in a services car park where the fker nearly drove over me. Admittedly the meat cleaver i was holding persuaded him it was a good idea to leave ;) , but as i said thats another story.

Been 13 or so times, 6 times as a paying punter the rest working on site for one of the wholesalers. Going Monday afternoon and staying overnight to enjoy the workers parties once the punters have gone; tbh it would be a nicer festival without the public or the bands!

This year I have actually left the County in order to avoid it. :mrgreen:

As a travelling man, something I have noticed over the recent years is the massive reduction in hitch hikers. I used to know it was the run up to Glastonbury weekend, by the hordes of scruffy looking students and alternative looking adults that could be seen, and occasionally picked up, at roundabouts and motorway services.

A sign of the times I guess that they have all disappeared, many into their own cars, or into other forms of transport, as most companies now ban drivers from picking up hitch hikers.

It's actually because if the tickets.....
Because its now 100% ticketed, with no fence jumping, most people get their tickets as part of a package including travel, and can only collect their tickets at the coach..... = no more hitching

G

Yep, it's changed alright. You used to just be able to just roll up there and wander through or over the fence - now you need a couple of hundred quid burning a hole in your back pocket and a shit hot broadband connection otherwise a ticket is out of the question. That said, just got a twinge of 'wish I was there' seeing the pics of the Rolling Stones... ;)

Back